IT Service Consultant, HR Applications Support
• Developing, maintaining and improving quality software solutions
• Developing new solutions and improving and extending existing ones
• Working in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued as we believe that innovation is powered by teamwork and respect for each other
• Ensuring that applications are supported in line with agreed SLA and SOPs
• Developing a good understanding of key business processes to enable informed discussions w.r.t. requirements and system design
• Participating in planning and testing of changes associated with infrastructure and other non-business related changes (Hardware & Operating system changes, Data Centre moves, etc.).
• Prioritising and planning work to ensure that agreed deadlines and service SLAs are met
• Acting as a subject matter expert to ensure we deliver value, process improvements as well as helping to drive best practice across our service
• Degree in computer science or related field
• Good command of English
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
• Web development skills in .NET, C# HTML and Java Script (at least one)
• Good database development skills in Oracle and PL/SQL
• Basic understanding of Unix
• Advanced troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
• Supporting HR business units and systems
• ITIL based service management
• Continuous service improvement (e.g. Six Sigma/Lean Sigma)
• Supporting regulated applications (e.g. GxP and Sarbanes Oxley)
• Good understanding of sFTP and PGP encryption
GSK is deeply committed to professional and personal development offering employment opportunities across a diverse collection of businesses and geographies. So you'll flourish in an inspiring environment where personal growth plays a vital part in the changing face of the business. Most of all, you'll enjoy the sense of purpose that comes from leading change in an industry that touches millions every day.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top