IT Project Manager
- Engineer, commercial engineer or equivalent
- Ideally a first experience in IT Project Management
- Basic knowledge in one functional domain
- Fluent in French & good English level
- Willing to work in an international environment
- Potential to understand business processes
- Teamwork – They must be able to develop team working capability
- Business Understanding: Understands key business/scientific issues in own area and takes them into account in project/change management work
- Costs & Profitability : Cost conscious in his daily work
- Leading People: Persuades others in straightforward situations, adapting presentation to arouse others' interest - Lets others know own position when asked; displays energy and self-motivation - Communicates effectively and regularly (at all intermediary phases of the project) to inform the project clients and sponsors on progress made, using standard formats
- Engaging & Developing People: Builds productive relationships internally and externally - Is aware of the value of the contribution of others; listens to the points of view of others carefully.
- Innovative Thinking: Understands the need to be informed and makes effective use of information that is readily accessible or routinely distributed to develop own expertise - Is aware of the value of new ideas and is open to those put forward by others; takes them into account in the organisation of his work - Identifies straightforward issues in the project context; generates possible solutions, assesses each using standard procedures and makes a sound decision
- Achieving Excellence: Acts to respond to others' plans; identifies and highlights obstacles to the delivery of his/her project results
- Highly Structured Analytical Approach
- Coordinate small IT Projects or contribute in bigger ones, under the supervision of an IT Project Manager, to design, implement and support applications & systems to support business processes. This includes the analysis of the demand, the realization of the application through customization and testing and the lifecycle support.
- Responsible for small IT projects or application changes
- Participation in medium size project under supervision of an IT Project Manager
- Responsible for application maintenance in one or more functional areas
- Manage these application changes from requirements definition through development, testing & implementation
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
The Information and Management Systems provides a vital business foundation that enables all of our employees to communicate, collaborate and achieve more through the application of the very latest technologies. In addition to developing better ways of working, the IT team also delivers a comprehensive day-to-day support service to all staff members.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top