IT Consultant, Windows Packaging and Integration (GSK IT)
.• IT and business related degree
- Extensive knowledge on technical solutions.
- Project management knowledge.
- Support process planning and implementation knowledge.
- Ability to keep documentation in accordance to GSK standard.
- Excellent English knowledge both verbal and written.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows
- Expertise in Scripting using Powershell and Visual Basic.
- Expertise in Microsoft App-V technology and/or Citrix Streaming Profiler
- Expertise in System configuration and Installation tools for Windows systems
- Troubleshooting application installation and OS issues
- Carries out Project activities, Incident Management processes, process improvement programs, new service offerings, and service measure definitions/metrics reporting
- Provides customer support
- Able to work with VMWare, creating Virtual machines, using snapshots, using virtual machines to capture software installations.
- Experience with patching Windows
- Expertise in Active Directory
- Symantec Workflow expertise or other workflow tool expertise e.g. .Net framework
- Windows Server expertise,
- HP RDP / GSS (Altiris Deployment Solution),
- Symantec Server Management Suite or Client Management Suite expertise,
- RAD (Rapid Application Development),
- VMware vSphere, VMware vSphere Web Services SDK
In this role you will be responsible for creating installation packages in support of EIS Release. Maintain server system currency by creating automated package for the deployment of applications, support tools and configuration settings.
- Implementing the process of the knowledge transfer and skills in the area of IT services
- Virtualising and packaging applications for ITHS Release via established processes and tools.
- Creating installation packages that work on Windows Servers using scripting such as Powershell, Visual Basic, etc.
- Introduction of future enhancements, working with ITHS Engineering and external vendors to provide support services for GSK.
- Providing scripting and virtualization support for projects and programs within GSK.
- Creating test systems to ensure packages will work across GSK's fleet of UNIX servers
- Maintain consistency of Server configuration
- Supporting packages that have been created.
- Working with requestor to understand the scope of the installation and the target servers
- Track all open integration requests with all team members and ensure that requests are being processed in a timely fashion.
GSK is deeply committed to professional and personal development offering employment opportunities across a diverse collection of businesses and geographies. So you'll flourish in an inspiring environment where personal growth plays a vital part in the changing face of the business. Most of all, you'll enjoy the sense of purpose that comes from leading change in an industry that touches millions every day.
You are invited to submit, until August 28, your CV with the motivational letter in English using the "Apply now" button.
Thank you very much for your interest in development opportunities with GlaxoSmithKline.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top