IT Consultant, Technical Leadership, Documentum (R&D)
- Degree in computer science or related field,
- Technical maintenance of large IT system,
- Unix administration, Oracle DB, and Java development,
- Broad current technology skills,
- Experience of Electronic Document Management systems (i.e. Documentum),
- Strong diagnosis and troubleshooting ability,
- Highly developed interpersonal personal and communication skills,
- Good command of English.
- Unix, Oracle, Java certification,
- Experience in maintaining global IT systems (Adlib, Liquent, Tomcat, Windows Server, Citrix
Documentum WebTop, DFC, or D2 Technology),
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical business processes.
We are in process of dynamic development - so far we hired 170 new employees and still looking for almost 30 new people to newly created Competence Centres in Poznań. Join us!
GSK is deeply committed to professional and personal development offering employment opportunities across a diverse collection of businesses and geographies. So you'll flourish in an inspiring environment where personal growth plays a vital part in the changing face of the business. Most of all, you'll enjoy the sense of purpose that comes from leading change in an industry that touches millions every day.
The Documentum Competency Center provides support, maintenance, and enhancement services to the Documentum technology platform used widely throughout GSK. The platform hosts more than twenty significant Electronic Document Management systems governing hundreds of terabytes of data for 100000 users around the world.
This diverse landscape is critical to the running of GSK's business providing services including Medical Information to healthcare professionals, Regulatory Submissions to authorities, manufacturing processes, controlled document management, and archiving. More than 350 servers hosting a variety of technologies - databases, J2EE application servers, XML applications, full text indexes, rendition technologies, and of course Documentum technologies make this an extremely complex and exciting platform to work with, requiring our team members to continuously develop and maintain a diverse set of technical skills.
- Maintains the Documentum platform, deploying patches and upgrading applications and the supporting platform,
- Development and maintenance of the tools to meet support requirements,
- Ensures alignment to design authority for all new and existing applications and changes in the domain,
- Provides leadership, technical direction and expertise to projects,
- Anticipates, understands, troubleshoots and fixes problems using technical expertise and problem solving skills to restore service, identify root cause and remediate,
- Maintains deep understanding of the key technologies to enable effective impact assessments of any proposed changes or design choices,
- Maintains familiarity with architectural standards and vision, technical landscape, validation requirements, central service request processes, GSK policies, and other aspects of GSK environment,
- Supports Service Manager and delivery team to design, develop and transition new applications into production,
- Proactively supports Service Specialists to develop and deliver continuous improvement of applications portfolio to enhance user productivity, increase system reliability and reduce the total cost of ownership,
- Keeps relevant technical documentation up to date (as agreed with IT Asset Owner) in support of the lifecycle plan and for audits/reviews.
What we offer:
- Training and certificates,
- Supportive atmosphere,
- English in practice,
- Integration events,
- Remote work,
- Stability of employment,
- Sport and recreation package,
- Private medical coverage.
As soon as you send us your application our HR tem will screen your CV, it will take approximately 1 week after closing date of the job advertisement
If your application meets our requirements HR team will present your CV to the hiring managers
Within 3 weeks we will invite you for the first phone interview with our recruitment team
Within next 2 weeks we will invite you for the interview with manager
- Just give us few days and we will come back to you with the feedback
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us: [email protected]
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top