IT Consultant, MES
- Familiarity with the concepts of IT Systems and IT support organizations,
- Ability to learn and adapt to new concepts, systems, and software independently and quickly,
- Knowledge of systems/software development methodologies and system architectures,
- Ability to analyze Business data and KPI,
- Strong verbal & written English communication skills, sufficiency to build and maintain organizational support,
- Highly developed problem solving skills, ability to communicate with partners at all levels, extensive interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of ITIL based service management practices and processes,
- Knowledge and understanding of information security risks, corrective and preventative measures,
- Experience in working with relational Databases (e.g. SQL Server or Oracle) and the ability to develop SQL queries,
- Experience in Business Intelligence tools / Analytics,
- Experience in support of IT systems, independent worker, self-starter.
GSK is deeply committed to professional and personal development offering employment opportunities across a diverse collection of businesses and geographies. So you'll flourish in an inspiring environment where personal growth plays a vital part in the changing face of the business. Most of all, you'll enjoy the sense of purpose that comes from leading change in an industry that touches millions every day.
MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems) are computer based control systems designed to manage and monitor work-in-progress on the manufacturing floor. MES systems receive and transmit information lightning fast through real time interfaces connected directly with the Automation equipment. This data is then combined, transformed and analyzed by MES software. Essentially, MES systems are the brains that run and optimize shop floor activities occurring within the manufacturing plants.
- Partner with people all over the world and analyze their business processes in order to continually improve the way that IT can support them,
- Apply root cause diagnostic processes to rapidly understand and then fix critical application issues for a portfolio of Manufacturing Execution Systems, including:
o Electronic Workflow and Batch Recording – supporting recipes designed to create and package actual medicines used in the treatment of disease,
o Historian Data Collection and Batch Profiling – interfacing with sensors and shop floor equipment to set and record critical process parameters using computers,
o Weigh and Dispensing – computer interfacing with scales and corporate inventory systems to ensure the right amount of raw ingredients are used when manufacturing orders and tracking raw material allocations and consumptions,
o In Process Checking – supporting a variety of interfaces to scales, calipers, hardness testers being used to measurement and record critical product characteristics in live manufacturing plants,
o Serialization – package identification and genealogy through unique serial numbers on packages, cartons and skids,
o Operational Equipment Effectiveness – measuring and optimizing the utilization of shop floor equipment to maximize capital investment in manufacturing sites,
- Deliver world-class IT Service Management managing Risk, Quality, Configuration and full Lifecycle Management of these critical IT assets using ITIL Service Processes,
- Utilize Lean Six Sigma to solve complex problems and to ensure Continuous Service Improvement is offered to Manufacturing Customers,
- Actively participate in Service Strategy development, Service Design, Deployment and Transition of projects into support, Operating Services to achieve benefit for patients world wide,
- Contribute to the development and implementation of projects (both Business and IT) as the Technical Authority and Subject Matter Expert for MES applications, their utilization and benefits,
- Learn and Exploit the full capabilities of MES technologies to drive improvements for Manufacturing.
What we offer:
- Training and certificates,
- Supportive atmosphere,
- English in practice,
- Remote work,
- Integration events,
- Stability of employment,
- Sport and recreation package,
- Private medical coverage.
As soon as you send us your application our HR team will screen your CV, it will take approximately 1 week after closing date of the job advertisement
If your application meets our requirements HR team will present your CV to the hiring managers
Within 3 weeks we will invite you for the first phone interview with our recruitment team
Within next 2 weeks we will invite you for the interview with manager
- Just give us few days and we will come back to you with the feedback
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top