IT Consultant, Argus (R&D)
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related studies,
- Knowledge of technical documentation,
- Being technically – oriented,
- Developing skills: Java, C++, ASP.NET, VB, HTML,
- Keen on learning,
- Experience in leadership roles within project teams.
- Knowledge and experience working with Six Sigma/Lean Sigma processes and tools,
- Knowledge of business units supported and general pharmaceutical awareness,
- Ability to work across boundaries, i.e. Japan,
- Highly developed communication skills.
We are in process of dynamic development - so far we hired 170 new employees and still looking for almost 30 new people to newly created Competence Centres in Poznań. Join us!
This Competency center is a validated portfolio of applications based around Oracle's Argus Adverse Event management system aligned to Pharmacovigilance & Drug Safety business areas. It is one the most critical GSK systems helping business respond to tight regulatory timelines impacting patient safety. This role is accountable for the implementation, technical performance and use of core technologies to ensure the application meet the needs of the business. The role holder will work closely with the Service Owner (IT Asset Owner) as well as the Delivery Lead (for new/upgraded applications) to advise on and support the management and implementation of applications.
- Customisation/Development of the Platform to meet new requirements approved by the Change Advisory Board including testing and documentation,
- Ensures alignment to design authority for all new and existing applications and changes in the domain,
- Provides leadership, technical direction and expertise to project,
- Anticipates, understands, troubleshoots and fixes problems using technical expertise and problem solving skills to restore service, identify root cause and remediate,
- Maintains deep understanding of the key technologies to enable effective impact assessments of any proposed changes or design choices,
- Maintains familiarity with architectural standards and vision, technical landscape, validation requirements, central service request processes, GSK policies, and other aspects of GSK environment,
- Supports Project Manager and delivery team to design, develop and transition new applications into production,
- Proactively supports IT Asset Owner (Service Specialist) to develop and deliver continuous improvement of applications portfolio to enhance user productivity, increase system reliability and reduce the total cost of ownership,
- Keeps relevant technical documentation up to date (as agreed with IT Asset Owner) in support of the lifecycle plan and for audits/reviews.
As soon as you send us your application our HR tem will screen your CV, it will take approximately 1 week after closing date of the job advertisement
If your application meets our requirements HR team will present your CV to the hiring managers
Within 3 weeks we will invite you for the first phone interview with our recruitment team
Within next 2 weeks we will invite you for the interview with manager
- Just give us few days and we will come back to you with the feedback
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us: [email protected]
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top