IT Business Partner for Global Supply Chain Management
- University degree (Master)
- Superior understanding of Supply Chain business processes and supporting systems design
- Proven experience in managing IT projects implementing IT solutions for the Supply Chain department
- Extensive experience with different SAP modules. Experience should be hands on usage and/or direct involvement in IT design and implementation projects
- Minimum 10 years of business experience, a mix of operational and increasingly strategic roles
- Strong sense of business acumen, sound experience in project management and change management
- Fluency in English
- The role requires the holder to be able to understand the relation between process, systems and organisational design. Identify the required systems and working standards required to support business excellence, design and implement the various initiatives.
- Needs maturity, leadership skills and interpersonal savvy to influence and exercise matrix leadership in this transversal role.
- Needs to understand the complexities of supply chain management and have the insights and credibility to drive change and continuous improvement.
- Developing and managing teams and driving results.
- Solid understanding of supply chain processes and interfaces in a bio-pharma environment.
- Excellent analytical skills and learning agility
- Excellent communication, facilitation and influencing skills
- Ability to simplify complex processes, applying innovative thinking
- Leadership and ability to lead and drive change, matrix leadership
- Strong business acumen
- Experience from other industries can be an advantage to facilitate outside in view
- Fluency in French is an advantage.
To lead a team of managers who develop, deliver and sustain the vision, strategy and projects for business systems in support of improving Supply Chain Management performance across the Vaccines division. This role will support GSK Vaccines in reaching the next maturity level in supply chain systems implementation and usage.
- The role holder will
- act as SPOC in SC for any system improvement initiatives relevant to supply chain.
- support the Supply Chain Leadership Team in building the SC vision with regards to business systems while working closely with the GPO (Global Process Owner) team and IT to ensure alignment.
- ensure creation of a sustainable roadmap to achieve the vision in alignment with the IT roadmap. -build and secure support to SC programs and alignment with external programs.
- provide support and mentorship to business project managers in executing the projects in light of the umbrella programs (internal or external) on time and in budget.
- develop the vision and roadmap for supply chain management systems in collaboration and alignment with the supply chain leadership team and IT, and achieving approvals to take the roadmap into programs, projects and improvement plans.
- execute the roadmap through his/her own team members functioning as PMs or by mentoring internal project managers appointed in the sub-functions by the supply chain leaders, or temporary external PMs hired per project. Roadmap and initiatives will be at first limited to Global SC workforce and systems (Global processes like S&OP planning, RCCP, Inventory Management, Distribution network and Logistics planning) but can gradually expand to collaborative initiatives in SC systems with Manufacturing Units (mainly regarding scheduling), local WHs (inventory management) and commercial units (mainly around management of orders and inventory at LOCs).
- work in collaboration with SC PMO to ensure there is a consistent and standard project design, approval and execution
- work with the PMO and Vaccines Learning Center business partner to ensure education / training is planned as part of the projects and is implemented and available to SC associates to drive increased competency of associates working in supply management.
- work in close collaboration with SC Performance team to ensure the right systems solutions and reports are in place in support of robust business metrics and Key performance Indicators
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialisation (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top