Investigator/Sr. Investigator, Mass Spectrometrist
- PhD in Analytical Chemistry, in a mass spectrometry related discipline, preferably with post-doctoral experience
- At least 3 years of experience in structural identification using Mass Spectrometry preferably in industry
- Track record of innovation in the field of mass spectrometry supported by publications and presentations at international conferences
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art high resolution LC-MS and GC-MS instrumentation (e.g. Q-Tof and Orbitrap) in order to provide key information for projects at all stages of pharmaceutical development (from early phase development to marketed product support).
- Proven track record of structural characterisation/elucidation work of small molecules by mass spectrometry (LC-MS and/or GC-MS) – identification of metabolites/impurities/degradants by mass spectrometric techniques
- Experience in analysis of biomolecules by mass spectrometry is an advantage
- Proven track record of development of novel LC-MS and GC-MS methodology
- Experience in developing quantitative analysis methods using mass spectrometric techniques
- Experience in regulated GxP laboratory is a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Project leadership skills
- Knowledge of spectroscopic techniques other than mass spectrometry would be an advantage, e.g. NMR, vibrational spectroscopy
- Experience in troubleshooting MS methods
Has a role under guidance of the Team Leader to:
- Plan, design and execute work/experimental programmes to further the course of Discovery and Development Projects / programmes and enable key decisions, in particular using mass spectrometry expertise (both LC-MS and/or GC-MS qualitative and quantitative).
- Ensure appropriate use of mass spectrometry to define control strategies for New Chemical Entities (NCEs).
- Explore and implement innovative mass spectrometry methodology and procedures.
- Demonstrate scientific judgment and initiative in the achievement of defined objectives, including technical problem solving.
- Demonstrate a sound practical understanding of mass spectrometry and processes, procedures used in mass spectrometry.
- Plan and communicate effectively and identify technical or resource issues and propose/discuss solutions and strategies with team members and more senior staff.
- Demonstrate a high level of problem solving capability and ability to identify and troubleshoot unexpected results or findings.
- Contribute to regulatory dossiers and author/review expert reports.
- Comply with the requirements of Quality, Safety and GSK policies and procedures and ensure that GSK intellectual property is protected.
- Knowledge of closely related scientific disciplines as they apply to drug discovery/development.
- Ability to contribute to and effectively work within matrix teams and with colleagues in other divisions and also colleagues in same divisions e.g. NMR.
- Self motivated flexible approach with good organizational skills and ability to communicate in a scientific manner.
- Ability to evaluate potential innovative research areas and/or apply innovative solutions to project problems.
- Working knowledge of GxP requirements, SOPs and policies.
- Appropriate knowledge of regulatory requirements as applied to the drug development process.
- Operational knowledge of laboratory/plant equipment.
- Leadership of cross-functional projects and ability to lead matrix teams
- If in a supervisory role, has the ability to supervise, train, develop and motivate others
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top