Investigator, Single Cell
An exciting opportunity is available to conduct research in Single Cell genomics, transcriptomics, molecular and cellular biology, to help drive drug discovery research programs from conception to the clinic. Functional Genomics is leveraging human genetic and other "Omics" data and state-of-the-art molecular biology techniques to discover and validate novel therapeutic targets and pathways. We are looking for an innovative and driven Ph.D scientist with good publication record and solid background in Single Cell genomics/transcriptomics, high-throughput functional genomics (e.g. Perturb-seq, CROP-seq, or CRISPR-seq) or miniaturized biology with a focus on genomics/transcriptomics readouts. Significant hands-on experiences in next generation sequencing and/or microfluidics are preferred. The person appointed to this position will design and execute Single Cell Genomics/Transcriptomics experiments and help develop and expand capabilities in advanced NGS techniques. This scientist will have the opportunity to work on multiple therapeutic areas.
- Lead single cell genomics/transcriptomics projects in functional genomics and in multiple therapeutic areas, with an emphasis in immuno-oncology
- Responsible for project planning, sample processing/tracking, and data generation/storage to deliver high-quality data
- Record and organize experimental protocols/details in electronic lab notebooks
- Identify and develop novel methods for single cell transcriptomics/genomics to improve productivity and cost-efficiency
- Develop and improve experimental pipelines by integrating robotics, liquid handlers, or microfluidics devices
- Interact with internal or external collaborators to coordinate projects
- Interpret and deliver findings and conclusions to collaborators
- Interact with senior staff members as necessary
- Teamwork and project leadership are critical
- Ensure compliance with all GSK R&D data integrity practices, ethics codes, standards and training, and safety training and practice.
Why you?Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Ph.D. with experience in an academic, clinical, or industry research environment
- Theoretical knowledge of molecular and cellular sciences, chemistry, or bio-engineering focused on single cell-based methods
- Hands-on experiences with tissue dissociation, single cell isolation, and library preparation for single cell genomics/transcriptomics
- Committed to deliver high-quality single cell genomics/transcriptomics data and to developing and troubleshooting single cell methods/experiments
- Commitment to work in lab and to carry out sequencing work is essential
- Ability to effectively collaborate and communicate with internal partners and external collaborators
- Ability to generate and present conclusion reports and participate in writing abstracts & publications
- Ability to independently review and appraise scientific literature in the relevant areas
- Ability to generate conclusion reports, present data in meetings and participate in writing abstracts & publications
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- PhD with 2 years of experience in industry
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top