Investigator, Investigative Safety and Drug Disposition
- Masters degree in biology, pharmacology, toxicology or related sciences with ≥5 years of relevant experience in optical microscopy imaging, or PhD in above fields with ≥2 years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience with optical microscopy imaging techniques across multiple platforms (confocal, flow cytometry, laser scanning cytometry, live cell imaging, in vitro and in vivo systems).
- Demonstrated proficient in designing, conducting and interpreting multi-parametric, quantitative cell based assays to investigate mechanistic safety and drug disposition questions.
- Basic knowledge of cell biology and physiology.
- Attentive documenting laboratory details.
- Experience applying innovation and creativity to solve complex problems.
- PhD in biology, pharmacology, toxicology, or related sciences.
- Experience with complex in vitro models e.g. organoid or organ-on-a-chip.
- Knowledge of cellular mechanisms of toxicity, especially in the context of drug discovery and/or development.
- Proven track record of external visibility via peer reviewed manuscripts and posters.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated high learning ability with scientific curiosity and willingness to learn about scientific areas outside direct area of expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams, displaying effective interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills with scientists at all levels.
- Participate as a team member in Investigative Safety and Drug Disposition (ISDD) team, part of the Mechanistic Safety and Disposition (MSD) Group in Platform Technology Sciences (PTS).
- Work on a multi-disciplinary team spanning drug disposition, toxicology and clinical development whose role it is to investigative mechanistic toxicology support to program/project teams to help make informed decisions (e.g. on-/off-target mechanism of action) on compound progression and/or clinical development plans.
- Contribute to method/capability development, conducting bespoke in vitro/ex vivo studies to characterize toxicological mechanisms of action to support Projects at all stages of development.
- Provide optical microscopy leadership and practical support within ISDD and across the MSD matrix.
- Provide authorship/review of high quality study reports, publications, and regulatory dossiers.
- Support of literature based Off Target/Target Safety Reviews.
- Search for, identify and evaluate emerging cellular models (2D/3D) and imaging platforms.
- Contextualize mechanistic investigative toxicology data and represent MSD at Program/Project Teams.
- Leverage expertise with imaging groups across the organization.
- Publish/present at internal and external meetings.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top