Investigator, Flow Cytometry (Technical Lead)
- Bachelor's degree in biochemistry, biology, immunology or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years experience utilizing flow cytometry for receptor occupancy determinations
- Demonstrated thorough understanding of the drug development process
- Demonstrated strong laboratory hands-on experience and theoretical understanding of non-clinical and clinical biomarker assay development, validation and implementation. Demonstrated hands-on use of imaging flow cytometry (ie Amnis Imagstream).
- Demonstrated understanding of immunology and proven cell biology expertise working with a variety of cell types including whole blood
- Proven ability to provide biomarker/translational expertise on programs/project teams for pre-clinical and clinical studies with a wide variety of techniques and technologies.
- Maintains a disciplined approach, ensuring a relentless focus on quality, compliance, scientific rigor and operational excellence
- BS/MS or PhD in biochemistry, biology, immunology or related discipline
- Attention to detail and excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Highly motivated team player with a proactive attitude, excellent organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to interact effectively within a multi-disciplinary team
- Good knowledge of more complex flow data analysis packages such as tSNE and SPADE
- Proven track record of working with CROs to complete flow assay transfers
- Track record of handling multiple projects concurrently
- Willingness to develop and train others as required
- Able to function well in a team and possess a good balance of creative and analytical skills
- Handling of human biological samples and performing experimental work in accordance with HBSM, safety and data integrity guidelines.
The Exploratory Biomarker Assay group within the Bioanalysis, Immunogenicity and Biomarkers (BIB) department is based in King of Prussia/Collegeville and is responsible for developing and validating biomarker assays for use in pre-clinical PK/PD/modeling studies and translation into the clinic in alignment with therapy area partners. Data from this group is a key component to understanding molecules in the GSK pipeline; and serves to enable studies to prove target engagement for novel mechanism of action and safety endpoints. One of the important deliverables from this group is providing receptor occupancy data to quantify the binding of therapeutics to their targets on cell surfaces; where these data aim to help establish PK/PD relationships and therefore impact dosing decisions.
- Serve as a US technical expert in flow cytometry, providing scientific leadership and guidance on all types of flow cytometric assays with a focus on receptor occupancy assays.
- Work closely with counterparts in the UK; provide scientific oversight of the specialized work at CROs if analysis is required to support studies at non-proximal locations.
- Actively participate in exploration and implementation of novel cytometry platforms, including new flow platforms, chip cytometry (Zellkraftwerk) and/or mass cytometry (CyTOF; Helios).
- Conduct and oversee all aspects of method development, trouble-shooting, validation and sample analysis for various preclinical PK/PD and/or clinical studies requiring flow cytometry endpoints.
- Complete all aspects of the determination; including reagent selection/optimization, sample preparation, sample acquisition, data analysis & interpretation, and presentation.
- Ensure all work is conducted in compliance of GLP/GCP regulations (when necessary) and following the appropriate SOPs. Contribute to biomarker strategy and lab based assay support to the BIB organization
- Be responsible for developing bespoke flow cytometry assays, especially receptor occupancy, to support pre-clinical and clinical studies; delivery of robust, high quality data packages and will demonstrate the ability to critique work to enable lead modalities to be smoothly progressed into clinical development
- Deliver, interpret and communicate complex scientific data to project/program teams in a timely manner by performing data analysis, record keeping and reporting of results to agreed timelines
- Help lead efforts to investigate novel cytometry platforms and embed within the organization
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top