Investigator, ELT biology
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist with an established track record in affinity selection or protein biochemistry/biophysics to join the multidisciplinary Encoded Library Technology (ELT) team. The successful candidate will join the Biology Group, which supports drug discovery programs and the continued development of the ELT platform. The team uses affinity selection and Next Generation Sequencing to identify small molecule ligands to targets of interest from DNA encoded chemical libraries (DELs). The selected candidate will be expected to support drug discovery programs and the continued improvement of the ELT platform.
Why you?Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics or related field or MS with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams, displaying excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience with affinity selection techniques (i.e., DEL, phage display, SELEX).
- Demonstrated knowledge of protein biophysics/biochemistry and hands-on molecular biology experience (PCR, qPCR, etc.).
- Familiarity with Next Generation Sequencing (NGS).
- A strong track record of publications in peer reviewed journals.
- Demonstrated strengths in high performance behaviors, such as building relationships, flexible thinking, and enabling/driving change.
- Ability to formulate and communicate a coherent vision and research plan and implement assay optimization, platform development, and/or new technology approaches.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgment to balance pace, rigor and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top