Investigator– DMPK, Mechanistic ADME
- PhD degree in medicinal chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, or related areas with strong knowledge of drug transporters and pharmacokinetics.
- Sufficient level of expertise of transporters and/or drug metabolizing enzymes and the role they play in drug disposition and safety.
- Good knowledge of mechanistic understanding for drug-drug interaction (DDI) and ability to predict DDI risk using in silico tools as well as physiologically-based pharmacokinetic (PBPK) model simulation (simCYP or other platforms).
- Pharmaceutical industry working experience, knowledge in HIV therapeutic area as additional strength.
- Deep expertise in in vitro- in vivo extrapolation, DDI risk assessment at different drug development phases, and/or strong PBPK modeling skills.
- Working experience in pre-clinical drug development environment, in-depth understanding of drug ADME mechanism and translation of safety risks to the clinic.
- Track record of scientific achievement.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment and across departments and good communication and writing skills.
Provide expertise and recommendations to project representatives and/or project teams to support optimal delivery of mechanistic ADME data and to ensure patient's safety by sufficient risk assessment towards drug transporter characterization, metabolic pathways and DDI prediction
- Responsible for supporting DMPK project representatives and/or project teams to deliver ADME data and to provide risk assessment towards drug biotransformation, transporters and DDI, especially for projects and/or programs in HIV therapeutic area.
- Responsible for coaching junior scientists to execute studies in in vitro ADME studies, DDI risk assessment, and to trouble shoot experimental issues.
- Responsible for delivering high quality study reports, publications, and regulatory dossiers to support drug development.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top