GlaxoSmithKline has an immediate opening for an Investigator position focusing in HPLC mass spectrometry, protein characterization, and proteomics.
• Develop mass spec based strategies & methods (e.g. LC/MS and LC/MS/MS) and perform analysis for the characterization and comparability evaluation of therapeutic proteins.
• Develop and apply methods, including nano-LC/MS/MS, for the identification and analysis of residual host cell proteins [HCP's].
• Develop other analytical and/or biochemical methods and participate in supporting biopharmaceutical process development and manufacturing.
The mass spec group is well equipped with modern instrumentation including Synapt G2 with both H/DX and IM, Orbitrap Fusion Tribrid, Orbitrap XL, Q-TOF Premier, QE + orbitrap, 2D-NanoUPLC, Nano-UPLC, UPLC and many other supporting instrumentation and associated data analysis software packages.
• A BS/MS with more than 5 years or a Ph.D. with 0-3 years of experience in biotech or pharmaceutical industry or academic environment.
• Hands-on experience with LC/MS instrument operation
• A BS/MS with more than 7 years or a Ph.D. with 0-5 years of experience in biotech or pharmaceutical industry.
• Extensive prior experience in protein characterization mass spectrometry is preferred,
• experience in proteomics workflows, both discovery and targeted, and data analysis using common bioinformatic tools would be desirable.
• nano-LC fluidics and LC/MS/MS methods data processing software and workflows, Proteomics
• Excellent scientific and working knowledge in structure and functions of protein glycosylation, prior experience in glycan and/or glycomics analysis is preferred.
• Experience in supporting different stages of pharmaceutical development would be highly desirable.
• Experience in analysis of protein therapeutics, along with a sound understanding of protein structure and function relationships is a plus
• In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in various separation techniques such as CE, SEC, IEX and HPLC/UPLC would be a plus.
• The candidate is expected to be highly motivated with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. She or he should be instinctive team player with excellent people skills.
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
We want to help people do more, feel better, live longer
We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
Across the US, we employ more than 15,000 people who strive to help others do more, feel better and live longer. This work starts one person, one community, and one story at a time.
As a science-led, global healthcare business with clear values, we offer countless opportunities for people at various stages of their careers. On-the-job learning and rewarding individual contributions are extremely important to us. We believe in creating an inclusive and safe working environment and supporting our employees to help their communities.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top