Internship in Process engineering applied on Vaccine production processes in Down Scale Model
MSAT Process Science Italy is a CoE for glycoconjugate Vaccines and Secondary. One of the main goal is to set-up GSK Vaccines Manufacturing processes at Down Scale Model from Media Preparation to Fermentation, Primary Recovery, Purification, Formulation and filling/Lyophilization. These activities requires expertise in process engineering in order to scale-down and scale-up the Manufacturing processes.
The project in which the intern is planned to work has been based on the following main objectives:
• Gain experience on the Process Science daily activities regarding the roles and responsibilities, understand also the concept of Manufacturing Support and Product stewardship by interaction between the functions.
• Gain experience to define the procedure and approach to set-up reliable Down Scale Model of Bacterial Manufacturing processes, currently performed in GSK Vaccines by applying engineering principles.
• Gain experience in OMV Robustness activities by working in collaboration with project SMEs and Technical and Working Group leaders.
Competencies the intern will develop thanks to the internship experience:
MSAT Process Science Governance
Provide technical and scientific support to daily activities performed in Upstream and Downstream labs
- Improve communication skills and interaction with Process experts, Manufacturing Support team and Product Stewards
- Acquire competences in HSE and GMP guidelines to respect the lab housekeeping: SOPs training, Logbook and Notebooks filling, Waste management.
Down Scale Model set-up
Provide technical and scientific support in the set-up of reliable DSM of Upstream and Downstream processes in order to test the impact on process performance and product quality of the improvements/changes introduced
- Apply chemical engineering principles in the set-up of upstream and downstream equipment in order to reproduce and improve Manufacturing processes at DSM
OMV Process Robustness
Support all improvements and characterization study of OMV Robustness projects
- Apply chemical engineering principles in the set-up of DSM and scale-up to Manufacturing.
• Fluent English
• Chemical Engineering background
Experience in bioreactors configuration and fluid-dynamics Click here to enter text.
GSK is deeply committed to professional and personal development offering employment opportunities across a diverse collection of businesses and geographies. So you'll flourish in an inspiring environment where personal growth plays a vital part in the changing face of the business. Most of all, you'll enjoy the sense of purpose that comes from leading change in an industry that touches millions every day.
• Possibility of developing within the role and company's structure
• Career in one of the leading global healthcare companies
• Supportive & friendly working environment
• Corporate culture based on our values: patient focus, integrity, respect and transparency
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top