Internship in Cold Chain technology & project management
Cold Chain department in Vaccines Distribution and Cold Chain (VDCC):
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally is a matter of life and death. So it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialization (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
Main purposes, activities and expected results are related to:
• Provide program and project management expertise, guidance and support (eg. Project Review Board with special attention to Value Creation Program);
• Provide answers and support to ad hoc projects;
• Support development and implementation of new solutions for Cold Chain shipments;
• Support the developing of a guidance document for Cold Chain shipping processes;
• Assess and review local proposals for change/improvement/remediation projects
Support and develop validation of new solutions (Change Control, DQ, IQ, OQ, PQ, CVP)
• Implementation of new cold chain solution for VX distribution
• Distribution risk and cold chain technical assessment of the primary distribution network.
Graduate with interest in a pharmaceutical/biological production in manufacturing and distribution:
• Scientific or Engineering background;
• Good written and spoken English;
• Good Excel and PowerPoint knowledge;
• Rigorous English, Italian knowledge preferred.
• Ability to work in a matrix organization within an international environment;
Master in logistics
Stakeholder management; ability to drive a complex global project with ability to gather information from broad range of sources;
• Build knowledge in biopharma, thermo-stability, Cold Chain processes;
• Project management;
• Ability to work in GMP and GDP environments;
GSK is deeply committed to professional and personal development offering employment opportunities across a diverse collection of businesses and geographies. So you'll flourish in an inspiring environment where personal growth plays a vital part in the changing face of the business. Most of all, you'll enjoy the sense of purpose that comes from leading change in an industry that touches millions every day.
• Possibility of developing within the role and company's structure
• Career in one of the leading global healthcare companies
• Supportive & friendly working environment
• Corporate culture based on our values: patient focus, integrity, respect and transparency
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top