Inspection Operator 1-2
The Inspection Operator will perform inspection activities in a GMP environment to include: Manual Visual Inspection (Including Retain and AQL Inspection), and Operation of Automatic Visual Inspection and Leak Detection equipment. The schedule for this role is Tuesday-Friday 6 am to 4:30 pm.
• Perform visual inspection activities (which include Manual Visual Inspection and operation of Automatic Visual Inspection and Leak Detection equipment in accordance with SOPs, in a GMP environment. This includes performing Inspection of Retains and batch AQL inspections.
• Trending classification of rejects during batch execution.
• Troubleshoot process equipment and interact with maintenance personnel
• Demonstrate proficiency as outlined in training requirements for equipment systems and position.
• Responsible for loading and unloading materials, labeling according to SOPs.
• Recognize and report deviations or potential issues immediately to the management team.
• Perform all job responsibilities in compliance with applicable regulations, guidelines, policies, standard operating procedures, and industry practice and Industrial Excellence initiatives.
• Communicate and report status of equipment maintenance related issues to the area supervisor / manager, and assist with actions necessary to resolve issues.
• Work independently with minimal supervision to perform normal processes and procedures.
• Work on any assignment as directed.
• Report all safety, quality or production issues to the senior operator and/or supervisor in a timely fashion.
• Perform all job responsibilities in compliance with applicable EHS and GMP regulations, guidelines, policies, GSK standard operating & safety procedures, and industry practice and Industrial Excellence initiatives.
• Must be able to maintain visual qualifications: (checked annually) Qualification includes ability to see all colors (not color blind) and the ability to visually discern product specifications on multiple vaccine products ie 20/20 vision with or without corrective lenses.
• The capability to maintain attention to detail and quality and a high level of integrity and confidentiality, while completing multiple or repetitive tasks and meeting timelines and deadlines.
• Ability to read, understand, follow and comply with technical and written documents (SOPs.) in English.
• Ability to perform calculations using simple mathematical formulas using fractions, percentages and significant numbers. The ability to measure volume and weight.
• Must be able to follow detailed processing instructions as well as clearly and accurately documenting all necessary batch documentation.
• Must have demonstrated technical experience understanding and executing visual inspection, including sound decision making.
• Position may require employees to work in a 24/7 rotational schedule. This schedule will include holidays, and weekends; over-time may be required. Work closely with shift team to achieve goals in a 24/7 cGMP Production Environment.
• Ability to recognize quality issues and communicate.
• Ability to work around cleaning solvents while wearing appropriate PPE.
• Must be able to work while wearing PPE for all GMP areas for an entire shift. (Includes safety shoes, glasses and hair\beard covers etc.).
• Physical requirements include pushing, pulling stooping, standing, climbing, twisting and lifting up to 50lbs. This includes the use of a manual hand jack.
• Ability to follow written procedures and document results in a neat and precise manner according to GMP
standards and other regulations.
• The ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels.
• Maintain a high level of integrity while balancing all responsibilities.
• Must have demonstrated self-direct work habits and strong communication skills.
• Stay current on developments in the field and GSK-Bio Standards.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• One year of experience in a GMP environment
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. Our Vaccines business has a broad portfolio and innovative pipeline of vaccines to protect people of all ages. On average, each batch of vaccine will have undergone more than 100 quality checks before it is sent out, to ensure the vaccines meet world-class standards. We deliver over two million vaccine doses per day to people living in over 160 countries and are committed to continuously investing in our manufacturing facilities, improving our processes and building partnerships to ensure we meet the global growing needs for high quality vaccines.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top