Innovation Project Leader, Data Science
- MS Degree in Engineering, Computer Sciences, Applied Mathematics, Statistics and Physics or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of experience leading advanced data analytics projects end to end, from ideation to objectives formulation to implementation to deliverables (preferentially in Clinical Research or Information Systems) or relevant scientific and technical experience including project management responsibilities
- Fluent English (spoken and written)
- Dynamic, open minded, motivated, self-starter person able to identify and lead complex projects from conception through implementation
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and project delivery skills
- Excellent networking, influencing, communication and presentations skills, ability to facilitate interfaces within extended network and to explain technical concepts to diverse audiences
- Experienced in setting up, leading and delivering projects with both multi-disciplinary and geographically remote partners, through effective matrix management that might include external partners
- Experience leading advanced data analytics projects end to end, from ideation to objectives formulation to implementation to deliverables
- Project Management and Resource Management skills
- Skills to effectively lead project teams including data scientists or to act as the data science expert within these teams
- Expert command of statistical analysis, algorithm development, and state-of-the-art tools and methodologies for data science
- Experience in data sourcing, data capture, data transformation and data preparation techniques
- Expert level in machine learning and statistical analysis (classification, regression, recommendation systems)
- Knowledge of how to visualize and present data to support conclusions/recommendations
- Ability to simplify complex situations to enable all parties to play their roles in achieving progress
- Ability to anticipate for changes that may be needed based on the external scientific, technical or regulatory environment
- PhD or equivalent experience (could include post doc-analytics project)
- Knowledge of clinical study planning, implementation and conduct are a plus
- Experience in Data Management and Clinical Systems and understanding of regulations including ICH-GCP desirable
- Hands-on experience with R, Python, SAS or MATLAB. Knowledge of Spotfire, Tableau desirable. Knowledge or interest in Hadoop is a plus
The Innovation Project Leader provides business strategy and technical/scientific vision to lead high impact innovation projects within Data science and Clinical Systems (DSCS) competence areas from inception to implementation. In particular, the holder of this role will identify areas of opportunity and lead projects where artificial intelligence, machine learning and "big data" tools can be used to extract more knowledge for decision making and for optimization of Vaccines clinical development.This role ensures innovation projects are properly funded, aligned with the GSK R&D strategy and delivered at the top of scientific, technical and industry standards with respect to budget, quality and timelines.
- Identify areas of opportunity and lead projects where artificial intelligence, machine learning and "big data" tools can be used to extract more knowledge for decision making and for optimization of Vaccines clinical development
- Champion a data-driven culture through development of best-in-class data science capabilities
- Align with the Head of Data and Systems Innovation and DSCS Leadership team to deliver a pipeline of innovation business solutions, systems and processes to bring business benefit to Vaccines R&D
- Liaise and network with customers in the Clinical Evidence Generation (CEG) and other relevant departments to discuss and identify opportunities which could meet the current or future business needs to ensure DSCS solutions and systems are best in class. From these identified opportunities, prepare high quality business cases and project proposals for submission to internal and external innovation funding bodies for approval and resourcing
- Act as Business Lead for planning, deployment, quality, training and effective use of innovation projects and solutions
- Create, recruit and oversee effective matrix project teams. This is to include managing outsourced services (CROs and Service Providers), internal resource management and budgets
- Provide reports, status updates, feedback and advice to key stakeholders on project progress, monitoring and measuring Return on Investment
- Oversee Project Management for projects that are not in scope for PIO-PI and act as Business Owner during implementation and roll-out phase where applicable
- May act as Subject Matter Expert in supporting Business Excellence in the implementation of new processes, trainings, systems, vendor quality assessments, audits and inspections
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
► US - Rockville Video - Rip
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top