Ph.D. in Chemistry, Pharmacology, Biochemistry or Biological Sciences
Minimum 10 years experience in the knowledge and understanding of the pharmaceutical industry, broader trends in healthcare landscape, with technical expertise in antibody, nucleic acid and microbiome based therapeutics/diagnostics.
- Minimum one year experience in OTC.
Experience with Diagnostics
- Demonstrated proficiency at leading complex multi-faceted projects and managing cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated leadership skills, ability to lead change
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, including presentations, PowerPoint/written, meeting facilitation, and one-on-one/small group
- Significant experience of partnering with Regulatory, Product Development, Supply Chain and Medical on the requirements for product design and an understanding of the approval processes
- Maintains significant external networks and represents the organization on many topics in the role of Innovation
- Demonstrated knowledge of compliance with legal and regulatory to ensure governance standards are met.
- Experience of working with open Innovation and development of strategic partnerships/ alliances
- Experience of driving Innovation strategy and has experience of leading enterprise level change
- Experience of working in highly complex matrix organisation; leading teams of Leaders
- Proven ability to solve complex technical and operational problems in a timely manner
Ph.D. in Pharmacology, specializing in Molecular Pharmacology and Immunology.
- Proven track record of driving new science and complex technology platforms into pipeline projects. Pharmaceutical Drug Discovery experience is strongly preferred
As the R&D (Consumer) Innovation Director you will be a key member of the Emerging Science Innovation Group and will have the primary responsibility of identifying, developing, and leading new cross-category upstream technology platforms and new projects to address unmet consumer needs. One will deliver innovation (across medicines, devices, cosmetics and nutritional products) to the marketplace is necessary along with a good grasp of the challenges associated with the other core areas in order for the incumbent to deal with the technical complexity inherent in the role and to understand the regulatory, quality and safety implications of any decisions made
As Director you will translate Consumer unmet needs into technical solutions through science, providing the Innovation function with clear context for how their work contributes to the future and the benefits for consumers. This includes planning for the long-term while staying focused on the short/medium-term operations. You will serve as a key partner with all support functions Consumer Insights, Marketing, Packaging, Design, Supply to enable the building of a robust pipeline that is routed on consumer insight and learning
- Juggle huge complexity, ambiguities and ever-shifting priorities in a pragmatic and objective manner.
- Communicate complex scientific information to non-scientists, including consumers.
- Drive simplification and continuous improvement in processes, systems and ways of working that deliver enhanced performance.
- Diagnose where change is needed and implement cross functional organisational change projects which significantly improve business performance.
- Enhance the science focused image and credibility of the company in the professional community through development of professional publications, abstracts, posters, and appearances at conferences, seminars, and interactions with key opinion leaders.
- Drive cross-Category sharing of scientific and/or consumer opportunities, breaking down 'silos' across categories and commercials teams as well as specialist functional teams within R&D.
- Lead entry into new emerging biological science/technology areas (e.g. pharmaceuticals, OTC drugs, diagnostics, etc.) and serve as an internal SME.
- Drive external technologies/science and drive new high value projects into all categories.
- Liaison internally between GSK Consumer Health and the other GSK businesses (Pharmaceutical and Vaccines).
- Manage external word-class academic collaborations, CROs, and various technology companies to drive innovation.
- Work closely with the categories to ensure that there is cross category sharing of best practices and innovation
- Identifies, assesses and drives forward major and breakthrough innovation opportunities and technology platforms.
- Delivers a consistent and balanced flow of science driven innovation into the pipeline, measured by the size and quality of impact on pipeline with alignment and approvals through category gating process
- Acts as the key external contact point for major partnerships / innovation opportunities, working closely with External Innovation/Business Development to build relationships and deal structures.
- Participates in cross-Category sharing of scientific and/or consumer opportunities, breaking down 'silos' and ensuring innovation is shared across the category
- Ensures that cutting edge technologies/science are explored, identified, and incorporated into category pipelines
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top