Innovation Centre - Technologist In Residence
The Technologist in Residence role leads research, implementation & support of any emerging innovation technology platform/product. The Technologist in Residence role leads the research, design & engineering expertise to ensure solution stability. The Technologist in Residence analyzes and leads the resolution of the most complex technical issues while providing technical support and direction to multiple proof of concepts/minimal viable products and/or product deployments.
• Leads the research, design, build, and deployment modelling/product development of emerging innovation technology products/platforms.
• Leads the supervision of strategic partners and CW's executing innovation technology activities
• Provides technical expertise and leadership to Platforms, Tech OPS, Product Owners and Scrum Teams on innovation technology products/platforms.
• Have accountability for the technical quality of innovation technology products/platforms.
• Technically Leads innovation technology MVP's / POC's
• Technically Leads innovation technology Security Design & Engineering
• Technically Leads innovation technology Scalability Design & Engineering
• Assures innovation technology Quality and Assurance
• Assures innovation technology Technical Documentations
• Assures innovation technology Education Packs
• Leads innovation technology PI & Planning Input
• Leads PI Sourcing requirements
This role should have good interpersonal skills capable of building relationships across different teams in the organization. This role must be capable of working effectively in large, complex technical teams and leading small groups of engineers internally and externally.
• BS degree in related discipline or equivalent experience
• Engineer/Developer in at least 3 of the disciplines below:
• Technical expertise in:
o Machine Learning
o Natural Language Processing
o C ++
o Open Source
o Distributed software development
o Parallel and distributed computing algorithms and/or frameworks
o Parallel programming
o High-performance computing
o Linear algebra and/or quantum computing
• Leading Technical Teams in the product lifecycle of Enterprise & Beyond Digital Solutions
• Comfort with the balancing act of rapidly building prototypes and minimum viable products while simultaneously creating readable, testable and maintainable code
• Passionate about emerging technologies, and a desire to lead the team to adopt technologies for the right reasons
• Proven ability to respectfully influence architectural and technical decisions
• Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
• Master's degree or higher in related discipline or equivalent experience
• Must have hands on experience with all aspects of software development: data, server side, UI, and open source software
• Demonstrated passion for innovation and emerging technology, open source (OSS) software contributions, blockchain, cryptography, and data-science
• Passion for Test driven development and continuous learning
• Strong Knowledge of AI Domains and Technologies
• Awareness of blockchain related and quantum computing technologies
• Recent and extensive experience of leading teams in an Agile environment
• Must be able to work independently with minimal day to day management
• Startup experience a plus
GSK has a 150-year legacy of helping to transform the health, lives and futures of millions of people around the world. We're a science-led healthcare company with more than 100,000 people working in 115 countries. Each year we produce around 4 billion packs of medicine, nearly 900 million doses of vaccine and more than 18 billion packs of consumer healthcare products. Our focus of helping people do more, feel better and live longer is at the center of all that we aim to do.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top