IBL - Medical Affairs Associate - (Abbotsford)
You must be in your penultimate/ultimate year of a Bachelor Degree in Science / Medicine / Pharmacy / Biomedicine / Pharmaceutical Science or a related field.
You must be in your penultimate/ultimate year of a Bachelor Degree in Science / Medicine / Pharmacy / Biomedicine / Pharmaceutical Science or a related field
Medical Affairs Associate - (Abbotsford)
- 12 month paid role commencing in Jan 2018
- Gain invaluable industry experience
- Work in an organisation that makes a difference
We currently have two Medical Affairs Associate roles available, based in our Pharmaceutical head office in Abbotsford, Melbourne. In these roles, you will gain a variety of skills and experiences that will be truly beneficial in your professional career. From hard skills, such as analytical literature review and robust data analysis to softer skills such as negotiation and interpersonal awareness. You will build on your scientific and medical knowledge and gain valuable exposure of the pharmaceutical industry.
What are we looking for?
- A student in their penultimate/final year of a Bachelor Degree in Science / Medicine / Pharmacy / Biomedicine / Pharmaceutical Science or a related field
- Interest in pursuing a career in the pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intellectually curious
- Ability to review and analyse scientific data
- High levels of confidentiality
- Mature outlook
For a brief description of each of these placements please see below:
Medical Affairs - Vaccines
The GSK vaccines business is one of the largest in the world. We produce paediatric and adult vaccines for a range of infectious diseases. In Australia, our vaccines portfolio helps prevent illnesses such as hepatitis, rotavirus and HPV infections and provides protection against potentially life threatening diseases like polio and measles to nearly 4 million children each year.
One of the main responsibilities of the Vaccines Medical Team at GSK is to collate and interpret scientific information relating to GSK Vaccines and associated disease areas, and to feed these expert scientific insights into a wide variety of cross-functional projects. Working closely with Commercial colleagues in the development/compilation of:
- Product and disease educational materials for use with healthcare professionals and consumers.
- Training materials for Sales Representatives.
- Business plans/brand strategies.
- Medical/scientific sections for national vaccine tenders.
As an IBL within the Vaccines Medical Team, you will be involved in projects which will incorporate aspects of public health, epidemiology, microbiology/virology and immunology. You will need to utilise skills such as critical thinking, problem solving and data analysis.
Medical Affairs – ViiV Healthcare
ViiV Healthcare is a global specialist HIV company established by GlaxoSmithKline and Pfizer. ViiV is 100% focused on improving the healthcare and quality of life of people affected by HIV. Through the development of innovative medicines, our ground-breaking partnerships to improve access and care, and our dynamic business model, we bring a fresh approach. This position provides the opportunity for immersion in ViiV Healthcare and HIV medicine.
This will include:
- Assisting with the compassionate medicine program, accessing, summarising and critically appraising scientific literature.
- Assisting with the creation of digital materials, training materials and referencing.
- Helping identify and implement process improvements and assist with the provision of medical information and support to external clinicians and clinical trial investigators.
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a science-led healthcare company, with a proud history in Australia dating back to 1886. Our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Preventing and treating disease is challenging and inspiring work. We support, develop and reward the people that make-up our talented workforce. Our diverse business is made up of distinct areas: Pharmaceuticals (including vaccines) and Consumer Healthcare.
Why work for GSK?
- Gain real work experience that will put you at a competitive advantage to your peers.
- Work in a highly collaborative, supportive work culture with people who enjoy what they do.
- Gain additional training outside of your work.
- Be a part of a community of other IBL students & form real friendships.
How can you apply?
Click Apply Now
In your application you must include your Australian work right status, University name, Bachelor Degree, expected completion date and current stage of degree. Applications without this information will not be considered.
Please note, eligibility criteria states you must be in the penultimate year of your Bachelor degree, in the relevant discipline. Full Australian working rights are required prior to application.
- Visit http://au.gsk.com/en-au/careers/students/ to find out more about GSK program.
Any specific questions can be made directly to Sarah Wilde at GSK at [email protected]
Applications close 25 August 2017.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top