IBL - Marketing Associate (Abbotsford)
You must be in your penultimate year of a Bachelors Degree in Business, Commerce or Marketing.
IBL – Rx Marketing Associate (Abbotsford)
- 12 month paid internship commencing in Jan 2018
- Work in one of the largest portfolios in the business
- Be part of an organisation that makes a difference
We currently have 5 exciting and dynamic marketing positions available within our pharmaceutical business, based in Abbotsford.
In each role you will work with a focused and passionate marketing team gaining exposure to a broad range of marketing activities to complement your studies. This will including brand planning and strategy, content creation, using insights and analysis, sales force engagement and training and working with external agency partners.
What we are looking for in a candidate?
- You must be in your penultimate year of a Bachelors Degree in Business, Commerce or Marketing
- An interest in pursuing a career in the pharmaceutical industry is favourable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Initiative and an eagerness to learn
- High attention to detail, rigor and process
- Excellent project management, to manage and prioritise multiple ongoing projects
- Teamwork, ability to build and maintain relationships
For a brief description of each of these placements please see below:
Vaccines Marketing – 2 Roles
This role is to support the vaccines marketing team in development and implementation of the brand strategies. Vaccine brands that would be supported are in both the government and private markets. These brands range from being used on the National Immunisation Program to travel vaccines. This year the IBL was involved in the development and execution of the largest consumer social media campaign GSK has ever undertaken.
Other duties may include:
- Providing input to the development of programs to enhance sales and marketing capabilities.
- Collecting information and analysing results required for the development and setup of new programs.
- Developing digital brand executions (GSK vaccines direct, health.gsk, webcasts, emailing marketing).
- Preparing monthly and quarterly brand/portfolio reports.
Respiratory Marketing (Breo, Anoro, Trelegy) – 3 Roles
GSK has a long standing history helping patients with Respiratory conditions such as Asthma and COPD. The successful IBL candidate will have a direct influence and positive impact on the lives of these patients by assisting in the development and execution of marketing initiatives and programs to effectively communicate the value of our products to healthcare professionals.
Responsibilities may include:
- Providing support to the Respiratory Brand teams.
- Assisting the commercial team to drive marketing & sales activities.
- Assisting in implementing special projects within the Directorate.
- Develop specific analyses for the marketing team.
Why work for GSK?
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a science-led healthcare company, with a proud history in Australia dating back to 1886. Our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Preventing and treating disease is challenging and inspiring work. We support, develop and reward the people that make-up our talented workforce. Our diverse business is made up of distinct areas: Pharmaceuticals (including vaccines) and Consumer Healthcare.
- Gain real work experience that will put you at a competitive advantage to your peers
- Work in a highly collaborative, supportive work culture with people who enjoy what they do.
- Gain additional training outside of your work
- Be a part of a community of other IBL students & form real friendships.
How can you apply?
Click Apply Now
In your application you must include your Australian work right status, University name, Bachelor Degree, expected completion date and current stage of degree. Applications without this information will not be considered.
Please note, eligibility criteria states that you must be in the penultimate year of your Bachelor degree, in the relevant discipline. Full Australian working rights are required prior to application.
- Visit http://au.gsk.com/en-au/careers/students/ to find out more about GSK program.
Any specific questions can be made directly to Sarah Wilde at GSK at [email protected]
Applications close 25 August 2017
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top