IBL – Communications Associate (Ermington)
You must be in your penultimate or final year of a Bachelor Degree in Communications, Human Resources or related field
You must be in your penultimate or final year of a Bachelor Degree in Communications, Human Resources or related field.
IBL – Communications Associate (Ermington)
- 12 month paid internship commencing in Jan 2018
- Gain invaluable industry experience
- Work in an organisation that makes a difference
We currently have two exciting and dynamic Corporate Communication roles in Consumer Health and Global Manufacturing and Supply (Global Manufacturing Supply - GMS) in Ermington, Sydney. In each role, you will work as an important and valued member gaining valuable experience and insights into GSK's communication landscape.
What we're looking for in a candidate
- You must be in your penultimate or final year of a Bachelor Degree in Communications, Human Resources or related field
- An interest in pursuing a career in the pharmaceutical industry is favourable
- Strong passion and interest in the placement field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Initiative and an eagerness to learn
- High attention to detail, rigor and process
- Excellent project management, to manage and prioritise multiple ongoing projects
- Teamwork, ability to build and maintain relationships
- Strategic thinking and problem solving skills
For a brief description of each of these placements please see below:
Communications Associate (Consumer)
This exciting role will see you provide Corporate Affairs support across internal and external communications, including employee engagement activities, brand communications campaigns, corporate profiling and issues management as well as Corporate Social Responsibilities initiatives. Key activities include:
- Assist with strategic projects as directed by the Communications Manager
- PR to support commercial objectives
- Communications to support corporate brand
- Develop and implement strategies for GSK Australia's social media tools, mainly Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Maintain and build our GSK Australia intranet including content development
- Support community projects and grants and donations
Internal Communications and Change Associate (GMS)
In this role, you will be joining a positive team who are genuinely focused on making the workplace a better place, and supporting the GMS Ermington team through their change journey.
You will support the Internal Communications Lead to develop and roll out internal communication material. As well as:
- Plan and coordinate creative engagement activities and events
- Coordinate change support programs in line with the site's Transition to 2020 (Site Shutdown) Program.
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a science-led healthcare company, with a proud history in Australia dating back to 1886. Our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Preventing and treating disease is challenging and inspiring work. We support, develop and reward the people that make-up our talented workforce. Our diverse business is made up of distinct areas: Pharmaceuticals (including vaccines) and Consumer Healthcare.
Why work for GSK?
- Gain real work experience that will put you at a competitive advantage to your peers
- Work in a highly collaborative, supportive work culture with people who enjoy what they do.
- Gain additional training outside of your work
- Be a part of a community of other IBL students & form real friendships
How can you apply?
Click Apply Now
In your application you must include your Australian work right status, University name, Bachelor Degree, expected completion date and current stage of degree. Applications without this information will not be considered.
Please note, eligibility criteria states you must be in the penultimate year of your Bachelor degree, in the relevant discipline. Full Australian working rights are required prior to application.
- Visit http://au.gsk.com/en-au/careers/students/ to find out more about GSK program.
Any specific questions can be made directly to Sarah Wilde at GSK at [email protected]
Applications close 28 September 2017 at 1pm.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top