HVAC & BU Technologies Manager
The job holder will
- Hold a Master Degree in discipline related to Mechanical, HVAC or Utilities Engineering.
- Will demonstrate at least a 10 years-experience in comparable domain (e.g. pharmaceutical company, service provider, engineering office)
- Prove a strong technical background and show a broad knowledge of HVAC, Facilities and Utilities Technologies.
- Show experience in a cGMP environment
- Have expertise in Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics regulation
- Be fluent in English and French (written and spoken).
The other soft skills and competencies required for the role are:
- Positive approach with a problem-solving / solution-providing mindset.
- Highly effective at influencing internally / externally and networking.
- Highly effective communication skills to deal with various projects partners.
- Sense of urgency , flexibility and accountability.
- Executive capability and leadership to manage people and field projects teams.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to work in a high complex matrix environment.
- Ability to discuss and negotiate technical matters with suppliers and projects' partners.
For HVAC and Building services, the job holder will be responsible to provide the technical support in his domain for the execution of the whole portfolio of CapEx projects in Belgium. He will then be of sufficient stature and credibility to effectively interface with and influence Projects' stakeholders as well as Engineering contractors and Service providers.
For HVAC technologies (including air process equipment) and Building Services (including Utilities equipment), within the Belgium portfolio of medium and large-sized CapEx projects :
- Provide projects support in terms of technical expertise, contractors' management and troubleshooting capabilities throughout the whole projects' lifecycle (from Feasibility until Hand-over and Close-out stages).
- Ensure that the design, construction, modification and qualification of GSK Vaccines facilities meet the projects objectives (EHSS, Quality, Compliance, Cost and Schedule).
- Ensure that relevant policies, standards and methods are implemented within the projects, in compliance with Good Engineering Practices, Good Manufacturing Practices and regulations.
- Ensure performance of the works inspections and issuance of the related documentation (certificates, qualification protocols and handovers) issuance according to projects needs and quality standards.
Assess and monitor capabilities of partners (Engineering Offices, Contractors and Service Providers) and provide relevant support to enhance their capabilities.
- Leads activities related to HVAC and Building Utilities technologies in projects he is in charge of, from early design until handover.
- Ensures that the project's design, construction, commissioning and qualification have been developed in accordance with the GSK Vaccines Technical, Quality and EHSS standards, escalate to management any deviation and proposes mitigation solutions.
- Manages the processes (incl. tools and ways-of-working) to be implemented in projects ensuring that the quality of systems and facilities is reached "right first time (definition of deliverables and activities, reviews of design and protocols, site works walk downs, commissioning and qualification activities a.o.).
- Ensures that the required performance of the new or modified facilities/systems has been achieved by the projects and support remediation activities if required.
- Keeps up-to-date on HVAC and Building Facilities technological evolutions, standards and ways-of-working and assess potential impacts and opportunities for the projects.
- Performs the qualification of the partners (engineering services providers, contingent workers and contractors), assess their technical capabilities and evaluate their performance in HVAC and Building Utilities disciplines.
- Manages the relationship with contractors (HVAC and Building Facilities) in collaboration with Procurement.
- Participates to benchmarking within GSK organization and other pharmaceutical companies to compare and align the GSK Vaccines WoW to market trends.
- Build resources plans in coordination with Projects Managers and build an empowered team by recruiting contingent workers or setting up service contracts to ensure projects delivery objectives. Manage the contingent workers and/or the service contract.
- Provide relevant support during internal and external inspections and audits.
- The job holder will not manage directly an operating budget, but projects he will be involved in will represent an Annual CAPEX spend of several tenths of M€.
- Lead several contingent workers or others contractors.
- Train and motivate partners to ensure skill set meets current and future business demands providing technical coaching or mentoring as required.
- Coordinates interactions between CapEx Projects and other experts' team across GSK Vaccines (BeEM Core Technologies, Global Engineering, etc…) to proactively manage mutual needs of support, projects synergies and updates on technological evolutions.
- Installs a proactive, "can do" attitude within the project and purveys a "preventive rather than corrective" mentality. Integrates and organizes the specific technical expertise of the project team members to deliver best services to the Customer as well as to anticipate and solve technical problems.
- Promotes the use of performance management tools within teams and projects.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialisation (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top