Human Resources Advisor, Global Support Functions
GlaxoSmithKline is hiring Human Resources Advisor, Global Support Functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4 years relevant experience
- Ability and demonstrated experience of working in a team environment with strong interpersonal skills and customer focus mindset to support delivery of HR solutions.
- Ability to assess and identify route cause of issues and effectively problem solve
- Self starter able to maintain motivation and determination to see work through to completion over prolonged periods
- Experience exercising good judgment and working with people at all levels in the organization• Demonstration of ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Strong analytical skills and sound knowledge of reporting tools
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects with tight deadlines and effective organizational skills
- Has experience in one field of HR or HR support, e.g. Hub, Recruitment
The role will provide effective HR support to HRMs, Line Managers and where applicable employees across a range of HR activities to develop and enable them to deliver business objectives and add maximum value to the business.
As the job holder develops theirs skill they will understand and work within the One HR agenda. Member of an in-country or in-business HR services group and works with other areas of HR to deliver effective HR.
- Assist HRMs and Line Managers in the delivery of key and standardized HR activities
- Support line managers with interpretation of HR policies and processes and queries and provide guidance in line with company policy and procedure and local legislation.
- Support line managers with general coaching and advice on Workday
- Respond to queries from managers and employees referred from elsewhere including Service Hubs and escalate to HRMs as appropriate
- Participate in and support the delivery of key initiatives for business wide projects developed by the HR Centers of Excellence e.g. ITM (Integrated Talent management), Performance System
- Promote standardization and continuous improvement across the business in delivering HR services
- Participate in process improvement initiatives as required providing input about core HR processes.
- Identify HR risks and raise awareness to mitigate risk to GSK reputation
- As aligned with in country scope and in context of the current employment environment, resolve low risk ER/IR issues
- Support HRMs with the preparation of consultation briefing packs and employee impact analyses for proposed restructuring initiatives.
- Support HRMs with the assessment and selection process for business related restructuring initiatives
- Responsible for initial engagement with new hires within GSK and accountable for following and delivering the New Hire Calls to educate employees about the HR Operating Model.
- Be a champion in implementing the Customer Experience Model
- Understands and supports the One HR agenda
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top