Are you looking for a HR Manager role or aspire to be one? Do you want a role which will allow you to contribute positively to not only your community but the world? Come and join us! Together we can serve the patients around the world to do more, feel better and live longer!
WHAT IS YOUR JOB PURPOSE?
• Support managers in the delivery of key standardized HR activities and coaching and development of line managers around HR policies, processes and ways of working.
• Respond to complex queries from managers and employees referred from elsewhere including Service Hubs
• Involvement in design of initiatives developed by the HR Centres of Excellence, HRBLs and HR Services and key delivery channel implementation phase for either directly or in partnership, including building local HR capability e.g. ITM, Performance System
• Drive standardisation and improvement across and within business units in order to standardize, simplify and continuously improve HR service delivery and promote principles of driving work to the appropriate level (including self services) in the evolving HR organization
• Understand the HR Risk environment, identify and mitigate potential HR risks and support managers to create a positive employee environment.
• As aligned with in country scope and in context of the current employment environment, resolve ER/IR issues and implement strategies to reduce such issues and enhance performance.
• Deliver cultural change projects, site changes, workforce restructuring, including; outsourcing, in sourcing and off shoring, in line with the HR agenda defined by the HRBL.
• Facilitate interventions focused on team development and promotes global leadership, learning and coaching programs and resources.
• Be the champion and lead the way in implementing the Customer Experience Model
You are likely to have experienced one or more blue chip multinational organisations where change is complex and fast-moving. Identified as a 'rising star' - an individual with significant future potential. You are someone who has ambition and thrives in a high performance, high accountability culture. Our CEO Emma Walmsley is driving a change agenda that is set around Innovation, Performance and Trust and moving at pace. You will ideally be someone who can bring a healthy balance of delivery and driving a transformation to support Emma's agenda. Watch Emma's summary of GSK's 2017 Performance here: https://www.youtube.com/embed/e79PFz9ZdyI?rel=0
We believe that international experience provides a breadth of knowledge and skills so ideally you will have lived and worked outside of the UK and/or led multinational teams.
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE TEAM?
We are a 'Modern Employer' and want to ensure that we attract the very best talent. Therefore, we welcome interest from those seeking flexible working arrangements such as part time & job share.
Please ensure you apply before COB 7th January to ensure you're in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
• Preferably, medium to large scale and complex transformational change
• Exposure to issues involved in working in a culturally and geographically diverse business.
• Exposure to working in a highly complex organization with a matrix structure and with multiple lines of authority leveraging influence within a complex network of stakeholders.
• Solid experience in multi country change and multi business change
• Experience and understanding across the HR model which may include; partnering with CoE on new services offerings, experience in HR Hub
WHO ARE WE?
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
You will join GSK's vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Find out how you can do this .
WHO WILL I BE WORKING WITH?
Click here to meet your team .
HOW DO I DEVELOP MY CAREER?
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
• Play an important role in delivering our mission
• Be an essential part of diverse, global team
• Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You will also have regular personal development meetings with your line manager to give you the opportunity to create a fulfilling career at GSK.
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED?
The Total Reward Package offered is:
• Competitive Salary
• Competitive on Target Bonus
• 26-days paid holiday
• Personal Healthcare, with the option to purchase family cover
• GSK Pension
• Share & Save Schemes
• Total Reward Discounts
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top