HR Director- Global Support Functions & Vaccines
Are you looking for an opportunity where you will lead the business and HR strategy through a US HR Operations organization to make a positive difference to the GSK employee experience and inspire others to do the same? If so, this HR Director position could be the role for you.
As a US HR Director you will lead the talent, governance and development agenda for the HR services we provide while also being a member of the HR Leadership team. We aren't just hiring for the vacancies we have today but are looking for people who can build a long-term career in more senior roles in GSK across the globe.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Understand the business strategic objectives and needs to lead the HR Operations strategy and execution
- Operate as an Account Director working with HR Business Partners and Senior Leaders to manage the demand, allocate resources, and effective delivery of HR activity
- Develop a high performing culture aligned with the organization values and expectations
- Lead and develop a team of HR Professionals across multiple US sites
- Partner with stakeholders in a matrixed environment and work across the HR organization to support the deployment of HR initiatives
- Lead governance activities to ensure the HR Service Delivery effectively meets business requirements, customer experience targets and KPIs
- Develop the HR capability, talent and succession within the HR Operations organization
- Define or oversee the development and implementation of local, regional and global HR policies and processes, driving process standardization, simplification and improvement and ensure appropriate controls are in place and monitored
- Ensure effective risk management and governance of HR activities
- Focus on Inclusion and diversity and the industrial and employment relations landscape to support our GSK values
- Leverage HR Systems (Workday) and internal and external insights to drive people analytics, standardization and efficiencies
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in a multinational organization
- HR change program project leadership experience including delivering large scale transformational, complex, and global, cultural, and organizational change projects
- Experience using data analytics to drive business insights
- Experience in continuous improvement and process excellence
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Advanced degree
- Experience leading a team
- Ability to communicate an inspiring vision and strategy
- Experience leading and coaching others to deliver complex global, regional and US transformational change, building capability and reducing complexity and cost
- Ability to work across matrix organization and lead without authority
- International experience
- Strong commercial acumen
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top