GSK is looking for a talented and passionate HR Advisor! You will provide effective HR support to Hiring Manager, Line Managers and, where applicable, employees across a range of HR activities to develop and enable them to deliver business objectives and add maximum value to the business. This is an ideal position for someone who would like to gain more experience in the Generalist HR space as you will join a team of highly experienced HR professionals.
• Assist Hiring Managers and Line Managers in the delivery of key and standardized HR activities
• Support Line Managers with interpretation of HR policies and processes and queries and provide guidance in line with company policy and procedure and local legislation.
• Support Line Managers with general coaching and advice on Workday
• Respond to queries from managers and employees referred from elsewhere including Service Centres and escalate to HRMs as appropriate
• Participate in and support the delivery of key initiatives for business wide projects developed by the HR Centers of Excellence e.g. ITM (Integrated Talent Management), Performance System
• Promote standardization and continuous improvement across the business in delivering HR services
• Participate in process improvement initiatives as required providing input about core HR processes.
• Identify HR risks and raise awareness to mitigate risk to GSK reputation
• As aligned with in country scope and in context of the current employment environment, resolve low risk ER/IR issues
• Support HRMs with the preparation of consultation briefing packs and employee impact analyses for proposed restructuring initiatives.
• Support HRMs with the assessment and selection process for business related restructuring initiatives
• Understands and supports the One HR agenda
Does this sound like an ideal job for you? Make sure you apply before the 7th of January 2019!
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
• Bachelor's Degree (HR, Business or Customer Service) or equivalent experience working within HR
• Ability and demonstrated experience of working in a team environment with strong interpersonal skills and customer focus mindset to support delivery of HR solutions
• Ability to assess and identify route cause of issues and effectively problem solve
• Self-starter able to maintain motivation and determination to see work through to completion over prolonged periods
• Experience exercising good judgment and working with people at all levels in the organization
• Demonstration of ability to maintain confidentiality of information
• Strong analytical skills and sound knowledge of reporting tools
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects with tight deadlines and effective organisational skills
• PHR/SPHR/ CIPD Certification
• Experience of the Workday platform
• Has experience in one field of HR or HR support, e.g. Service CentreHub, Recruitment
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a world leading research-based pharmaceutical company that combines both individual talent and technical resources to create a platform for the delivery for strong growth in a rapidly changing healthcare market. Our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top