HIV Policy Manager
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 5 years experience in health policy, patient advocacy, government and/or public programs
- Bachelors degree in Law, Health Policy, Public Affairs, Public Health preferred
- J.D or Master's Degree in Health Policy, Public Health, or related discipline preferred
- Medicaid policy experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work seamlessly and collaboratively across boundaries
- Strong Organizational and communication skills
- In depth knowledge of government programs (Medicaid , Medicare, Ryan White CARW Program, the AIDS Drug Assistance Program
- Strong knowledge of health care reform
- Familiarity with US pharmaceutical market & HIV policy in particular
- Ability to engage with advocacy organizations
The HIV Policy Manager will be accountable for supporting the development and implementation of the HIV policy strategy in a matrix team environment. The Manager will be responsible for policy development, policy research and analysis, and content development pertaining to HIV.
This position will be responsible for supporting and implementing the HIV policy strategy:
- Support Medicaid and AIDS Drug Assistance Program policy strategy development and implementation, including policy research, project management, and resource development
- Develop content including responses to federal and state public comment opportunities, position papers, communications materials, and legislative language in support of Public Policy and Government Relations priorities related to HIV
Collaborate with colleagues across the business and participate in internal matrix teams to assess the HIV health care landscape, including access to health care, payer dynamics, and the future of Medicaid
- Contribute to external engagement with policy organizations, government agencies, and other stakeholders as needed in support of our HIV policy strategy
- Oversee the progress and reporting of the HIV strategy, particularly related to Medicaid and health care reform
- Support HIV pipeline by analyzing the health care environment, including statute and regulations, to identify potential access barriers and propose policy solutions
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top