Health Outcomes Associate - 1 year Internship
- Working towards a Masters or PhD in Mathematical Modeling, Health Economics, Epidemiology or Biostatistics.
- Fundamental understanding of epidemiology principles and
- Research experience and technical capability in at least one of the following areas: economic modeling, cost-effectiveness evaluation, burden of disease, outcomes research, and clinical epidemiology.
- Previous experience writing, proofing and preparing scientific documents for journal publication.
- Previous experience reviewing and validating quantitative data.
- Knowledge of study design, biostatistics methods, systematic reviews and meta-analyses would be an asset.
- Some knowledge of the Health Economics & Outcomes Research, Health Technology Assessment and Reimbursement environment in Canada.
- Strong critical and analytical thinker who excels at managing timelines and prioritizing work.
- Effective oral and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to identify issues and determine action required.
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team to deliver deadline driven results.
- Previous experience & training in project management.
- Willingness to learn new skills and undertake new challenges.
- Research experience and technical capability in two or more of the following areas: economic modeling, cost-effectiveness evaluation, burden of disease, outcomes research, and clinical epidemiology.
The Health Economics & Outcomes Research Team is seeking to fill the Health Outcomes Associate – 12 month, paid, Student Internship position in the Mississauga office.
Health Outcomes Associates provide support across a number of disease areas and are members of cross-functional teams that include staff from Medical Affairs, Public Affairs and Reimbursement, Regulatory, and Marketing.
We are searching for a bright, analytical, decisive, and articulate team player to add value to Canada's premier pharmaceutical company. This position requires a self-driven individual with a passion for quantitative health research and an enthusiasm to learn new skills. If you thrive in a quick paced, deadline driven, intellectually stimulating environment we invite you to apply to our exciting and rewarding role and join the GSK mission to help patients do more, feel better and live longer.
In this position you may participate in:
Research & Analytics
- Systematically review and critically appraise relevant literature and data sources.
- Identify appropriate data sources to resolve evidence gaps.
- Critically appraise health research study designs (observational, experimental and/or health economic) and the interpretation of health research data.
- Summarize scientific literature for presentation to various audiences (those with and without technical backgrounds).
- Perform descriptive, exploratory and analytic analysis as required.
- Assist in the design and adaptation of health economic models for the local Canadian organization.
- Assist in the design of outcomes research projects to address data gaps relevant to reimbursement submissions and medical strategic plan.
- Support the HEOR team with the administrative and project management scientific engagement activities and other team activities as required.
- Coordinate research processes.
- Track projects, monitor key metrics and ensure compliance using GSK systems.
- Assist in the writing, review, and preparation of scientific documents, including validation of quantitative data, for scientific journal publications, conference presentations, and health technology assessments.
GSK is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. GSK is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact us at
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top