Health Economics Senior Manager - MMRV & Boostrix
Minimum Level of Education: BA/BSc in Economics, statistics, biology
Job-Related Experience: At least 3 year experience in a health economist function (consulting, pharmaceutical industry, academics)
Preferred Level of Education: (Masters or PhD) in relevant discipline (health economics, epidemiology, health services research, biostatistics, engineering, public health or medicine).
Other Job-Related Skills/Background
- Excellent writing skills as well as the ability to communicate complex material in presentations and discussions in a straightforward manner
- Experience in infectious diseases and/or vaccine HE is considered as an asset
- Flexible thinking and team player.
- Apply critical analysis skills to data interpretation and communication.
- Good to excellent in computer skills: excel, word, powerpoint; advanced knowledge in TreeAge, matlab, R, @Risk, … is a plus
- Fluent in English; other languages are an asset
- Authored publication
The Value Evidence group contributes to the identification of the value evidence requirements of vaccine programs and assets from discovery to life cycle management. Members have a deep understanding of patient, payer, policymaker and provider needs to translate into evidence generation plans. Within the value evidence group, the HE (Health Economics) team supports the right positioning of the product when introduced into the market seen from a HE perspective.
- Perform, present and follow up HE evaluations to support the global vaccine strategy for the specific therapeutic area.
- Accountable and responsible for developing and executing the HE section of the Scientific Evidence and Access Plan. An important member of the Scientific Evidence and Access Stream.
- Ensure collection of payer relevant evidence to support value proposition and inform HE strategies of GSK brands and development projects, incl. outcome studies and collection of real-world evidence.
- Ensure development of HE strategies that generate evidence to achieve optimal market access (recommendation, reimbursement and formulary listing)
- Major contributor to development and access/lifecycle strategy and lifecycle deliverables including economic models, systematic reviews, value dossiers, publications, field-based tools, pharmacoepidemiology, and global access programs.
- Partner with countries/LOCs to support maximum patient access & reimbursement
- Develop the core HE evidences for Boostrix and MMRV vaccine programs:
oLead data collection and literature reviews (including critical assessment)
oDevelop, use and populate new and existing HE models.
oLead health economic studies (cost-of-illness studies, utility assessment, database analysis, patients chart review…)
oWrite and coordinate internal review the HE evidences deliverables (HE plan, HE part of access dossier)
- Present the health economic evaluations to various internal and external stakeholders including:
oMedical affairs and/or pricing, epidemiology, commercial, governmental affairs, countries
oHTA agencies, experts in vaccination, congresses audiences, scientific journals audience
- Review and execute country-specific adaptations of HE evaluations to meet the country specific needs which will demonstrate the value of the vaccine, obtain recommendations, reimbursement…
- Drive HE rationale behind the Value Proposition
- Contribute to lifecycle management as part of the brand's Scientific Evidence and Access Stream.
- Identification of annual budget needs and effective budget management for disease area.
- Support the development of HE scientific publications (congress abstracts and papers)
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Patient-focused Research and Development (R&D) is the heart of our business. Our R&D department seeks to discover and develop new vaccines, to protect against diseases where vaccines are not yet available and to improve on those vaccines that already exist. Part of our R&D programme targets diseases particularly prevalent in the developing world, including the World Health Organisation's three priority diseases - HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria. Research into candidate vaccines for other diseases of the developing world, such as dengue are at an earlier stage of development.
When it comes to developing the vaccines of the future, we're looking for real experts in their respective fields who are interested in working in the stimulating environment of an international healthcare company.
We emphasise the value of teamwork and we look for people ready to share our values of transparency, respect, integrity and patient focus.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top