Head of Technical
Job Purpose 岗位目的:
Accountable for all technical issues, including new technologies, across the CH Supply Division. This encompasses: driving technology strategies, building the right technical organization within the value streams, technical/process technology alignment and partnership with CH R&D, and Technical leadership for facility, equipment, product and processes.
• Ownership of processes in the manufacturing facilities including process capability, process improvement initiative, process problems ownership and trouble-shooting.
• Lead and ensure effective product & technology introductions into TSKF in order to enhance site capabilities and reduce issues such as deviations and health risks.
• Provide Equipment, Product and Process Technical Leadership ensuring standardization and manufacturability of all products utilizing a science based approach to support business ambition.
• Work with GMS manufacturing strategy to ensure manufacturing capability is aligned to the Commercial Strategy by ensuring technical capability supports product introduction plans.
• Use technical competency and keen understanding of customer requirements to create user requirements documents for new equipment. (URS)
• Own arising technical issues at sites, as allocated, and ensure problem solving teams are fully resourced and that solutions are communicated with other sites to assist in correcting or preventing similar problems to ensure that CHSC is not jeopardized by technical issues.
• Lead the application of detailed process understanding to design & develop and optimize manufacturing processes.
• Oversee and own the implementation of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) activities in TSKF.
• The incumbent may be asked to take lead technical responsibility for a particular group of products or coordinate technical support to a number of sites.
• Provide mentoring support to other staff in areas of technical expertise.
• Responsible for Department people development, improve employee engagement; Ensure a robust and credible succession plan is in place for all key roles within Technical.
• Supervise implementation of GMP, Medical Device, SOP and safety policy; ensure it meet national and GSK standards.
• Support site L1/2/3/4 audit and ensure CAPAs are closed on time.
• Accountable for functional risk management, includes proactive risk identification, assessment and mitigation plan development.
• Own annual budget for department and use resources effectively to deliver business performance.
• Understand and comply with the applicable local regulations of Quality, EHS and others, GSK standards for QMS, EHSS etc. and company policy. Adherence to standard operating procedures. And participate & support the execution of site Quality plan and EHS management system.
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by the line manager
• primary deliverables of role; it's scope; impact on strategy, policy, business or people relationships
Scope责任范围(Budget, Team Management 预算，团队管理)：
• Had 9 team members
• Accountable for identifying and exploring new initiatives and develop cross functional project teams and alliances with GSK sites, functions and external organizations to deliver business benefits to GMS.
• The role is responsible for key performance measures and provides the necessary knowledge and support/leading the implementation of strategic and tactical projects.
Impact & Risk：影响和风险
• This position will impact: Site Technical Capability这个岗位将影响：工厂技术能力
• degree of change & uncertainty; level of influencing required; degree of matrix working, problem solving
• Supporting CH supply sites requires management of many interfaces across the business to ensure alignment and transparency of technical issues and solutions whilst leveraging and directing resources to meet business needs within the continually changing and demanding environment inherent to the CH business.
• Influence and work with the interfaces to drive the CH Technology Strategies in alignment and partnership with CH R&D, along with driving improved process capability for new and existing products in alignment and partnership with CH R&D, the sites and GPS.
• Must be able to be relied on to lead complex cross functional projects within a matrix organization with no direct supervisory necessary.
• Need to be able to effectively communicate complex and technical information and influence Senior Stakeholders & Technical Staff including R&D, Site Leaders and Product Champions.
Specialized Knowledge 专业知识:
• breadth & depth across disciplines or functions; expertise in field required
• Bachelor or above in engineering, science or a related field with considerable knowledge and experience of broad based experience in consumer goods manufacturing and supply with special emphasis on equipment, product and process understanding for manufacturing. An advanced degree is preferred (MEng. and/or PhD in science or engineering based disciplines).
• Thorough familiarity and expertise with solid dose production equipment and processes. This familiarity will almost certainly have been gained by use of equipment in production and the incumbent will be experienced in both trouble shooting and problem resolution.
• Expert knowledge of OE, PLM, TRA and their application to support process understanding knowledge and improvement to both manufacturing and business processes.
• Ability to advise and support adaptation of available methods and tools application to support development, industrialisation and exploitation of new and emerging products, processes and technologies. New Product Introduction & Supply experience preferred.
• Other Competencies:
- Demonstrated leadership of cross functional/sector teams
- Demonstrated problem solving ability
- Leadership skills in particular in developing people, influence others, foster enthusiasm and teamwork
- Highly effective communication skills
- Sound judgment and complex decision making skills
- Excellent English and computer skills
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top