Head of TECH GBI Consumer Healthcare
Execute responsibility of Consumer Healthcare Great Britain & Ireland (GBI) TECH organisation, providing expertise and leadership to bring strategic value to the CH GBI business and provide an effective and efficient IT service.
1. Provide functional and thought leadership to Tech and business leadership teams on 'art of the possible' to inspire and drive innovation and transformation in GSK Consumer Healthcare businesses.
2. To provide leadership and consultation to Consumer Healthcare stakeholders on Tech investments and value-add activities in alignment and support of business strategic initiatives.
3. To work closely with the Consumer Healthcare businesses to understand and ensure local business requirements, expectations and opportunities for countries in scope are identified, prioritized and represented in CH Tech strategies.
4. To influence and actively participate in the definition and prioritization of CH Tech strategies and solutions.
5. To work with the CH Tech Leadership Team and key market business stakeholders to ensure the successful and on-time strategy deployment for projects, target operating model and delivery of benefits.
6. To ensure Tech budget and funding is approved by all stakeholders both locally and above country and manage/track the area Tech budget.
7. To ensure that all pre-project business analyses and other activities necessary to build Business Case, start projects and control budget are delivered. Particular role of Tech Business Partner is to define problem statement and involve proper Tech and non-Tech stakeholders, specialists and Business Consultants necessary to deliver Business Case and start project and ensure successful project delivery.
8. To ensure business users of new and/or changed Tech systems modify their processes and/or ways of working to derive the planned benefits from the system.
9. Overall accountability that the in-scope market businesses obtain end-to-end Tech solutions and services as needed to run the GSK Consumer Healthcare business.
10. To be a proactive Tech strategic business partner and thought leader for the business GMs and their leadership teams.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
• Play an important role in delivering our mission
• Be an essential part of diverse, global team
• Develop others as part of your own professional growth
Interested in Joining the Team?
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing Date: 30th September 2018
• Business partnering with area leaders developing IT strategies and programmes that deliver value
• Delivery of a series of successful projects
• Leadership across diverse regional teams and cultures
• Leadership across a matrix environment in a complex organization
• Leadership of large team, providing direction and inspiration, holding people accountable and developing a strong pipeline of talent
GSK has a 150-year legacy of helping to transform the health, lives and futures of millions of people around the world. We're a science-led healthcare company with more than 100,000 people working in 115 countries. Each year we produce around 4 billion packs of medicine, nearly 900 million doses of vaccine and more than 18 billion packs of consumer healthcare products. Our focus of helping people do more, feel better and live longer is at the center of all that we aim to do.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top