Head of Site Engineering Operations
- 15 years experience in Engineering and Maintenance in pharmaceutical manufacturing environment, preferably in GMP
- 10 years in leadership positions with large teams and large contract companies
- Direct management of major CAPEX projects
- Important leadership skills with multidisciplinary operational teams
- Advanced financial skills and capacity in managing significant budgets
Lead Italy Vaccine Site Engineering, define and drive Engineering & Maintenance Strategy in Italian Sites in line with GSK Vaccines' strategies, policies and standards.
Accountable for providing and maintaining safe, GMP and legal compliant, reliable and cost effective the following areas:
- Manufacturing equipment and GMP utilities
- Industrial non GMP utilities
- General Services
- IT Business Applications
Together with Italy Leadership Team Colleagues in ensuring the reliable supply of Vaccines according to GSK objectives
- Direct Technical Service and Maintenance Operation Teams for each MPUs
- Direct Industrial Utilities and Facility Management Teams
- Direct Pharmaceutical Utilities Management
- Lead, through the Asset Reliability Office, the development of Maintenance Strategy and the implementation of tools and best practices at the Siena and Rosia Sites.
- Ensuring that all equipment and utilities meet the standards of safety, quality and reliability
- Own the 'Maintenance' system in Siena and Rosia, including SAP tool. Responsible for tools that control and monitor the Engineering performance in the different MPUs.
- Lead yearly shutdown programs
CAPEX & Process Engineering
- Accountable for planning, design and execution of all CAPEX projects (Small, Large and Strategic) and up to 50 M€
- Direct Capital Planning team for Siena and Rosia GIO and Quality in the preparation, monitoring and controlling of CAPEX spending Plan.
- Chair Technical Review Committee for Italy Vaccines Sites (GIO and Quality, TRD and R&D)
- Responsible for submission and approval of CAPEX Projects at above site committees
- Ensure Process Engineering consistency with global MSAT guidelines
- Accountable for developing Site Master Plan and its update according the division strategic needs
- Accountable for Qualification of all GMP equipment and systems
IT Business Application
- Direct IT Business applications team operations for Siena and Rosia
- Accountable for IT Business applications administration, maintenance and development strategy according to GSK policies and standards
Quality and Regulatory
- Responsible for Engineering Operation adherence with cGMP's, GES and Standards and IT policies and guidelines
- Direct Engineering Compliance team in order to guarantee Health Authorities inspection readiness and management at the Siena and Rosia Sites
- Ensure the continuous improvement and awareness of compliance of whole Engineering Operations for Siena and Rosia
- Accountable for the maintenance of Equipment, Systems and IT Business applications qualification status for Siena and Rosia
Environment, Health and Safety
- Responsible for ensuring emissions and waste water treatment within the limits of legal requirements
- Ensure highest construction and maintenance safety standards
- Accountable for respecting legal requirements for facilities and equipment
- "Responsible dei Lavori" as defined by Italian D.Lgs 81/2008
- "Dirigente per la Sicurezza" as per Italian Law D.Lgs 81/2008
- Power of Attorney for Civil Permitting and Equipment Legal-Compliance Declarations
Staff and Leadership
- Drive people-development programs to meet future company and business objectives
- Focus on people and culture – Build a world-class Engineering organization based on values, high performance and service culture
- Ensure cultural improvement in terms of safety behaviors within the team.
- Responsible for mentoring and developing staff, technically and professionally
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top