Head of Rep Office Ivory Coast
Job Title : Head of Representative Office
Grade : 7
Region : Sub Saharan Africa
Location of the Role : Abidjan Cote d'Ivoire
Closing Date : 2nd January 2018
The purpose of the Head of Representative Office in Cote d'Ivoire is to manage the business operations in the country only. This will involve managing First Line Leaders and Medical Representatives directly as well as indirectly managing the Global Support Functions that support the business in Cote d'Ivoire, and markets in geographic proximity as appropriate. The role of Head of Representative Office is to facilitate the safe, ethical & compliant promotion of GSK's Pharmaceutical and Vaccines portfolios to healthcare professionals, through the implementation of strategies and tactics developed from the Export team in the UK. The Head of Representative Office cannot engage in any direct commercial activity locally, with all commercial activity being managed by the Export Team in the UK.
1. Manage operations in Cote d'Ivoire in line with the expectations and scope of the new Export Organization.
2. Lead and manage the First Line Leaders and teams of Medical Representatives, ensuring that all activity is conducted in an ethical and compliant manner and in line with the scope of the New Representative Office
3. Maximize performance of team through regular coaching sessions with their First Line Leaders, ensure the all team members are getting fair opportunities for coaching & mentoring and time in field is fairly distributed
4. Support the team in developing tailored development plans fit to their career aspirations
5. Conduct regular performance reviews in order to assess improvement and development versus plan of team members. Lead and follow-up on team's KPIs to optimize customers' facing time and propose the best structure according to each team member's capacity and area specificity in alignment with brand strategy
6. Lead the recruitment activities with HR team in recruiting and attracting talent when applicable.
7. Train and develop new members in the team and act as a role model for staff by setting high standards through personal behavior and actions
8. Maintain a positive working environment for the team by conducting a healthy and engaging interaction with the team. Act as a change catalyst by having open transparent communication based on trust and respect
9. Cultivate a network of collaborative relationships among the Global Support Functions located in the Representative Office e.g. medical, regulatory, etc., to ensure alignment in the execution of the Export promotional strategy for both the existing and future portfolio to healthcare professionals for the benefit of their patients.
10. Support the UK based Export Team in understanding local trends and needs through sharing market insights & intelligence. Ensuring timely follow-ups and execution to achieve agreed KPIs. Provide local support for the launch of new products by the UK Export team through the successful implementation of the UK Export teams launch strategy.
11. Develop and maintain sustainable relationships with all Health Care Professionals and be the representative of GSK locally.
12. Ensure all medical information requests and pharmacovigilance issues are acted upon in-line with GSK policy/procedures, and patient safety is not compromised.
13. Drive the team culture of engagement and empowerment in order to leverage full potential of individuals and team in the Cote d'Ivoire.
14. Drive the team and act as a role model in living the company values of integrity, respect for people, transparency and putting the patient at the core of every decision in every interaction internally and externally. Ensure all team members are fully aligned & equipped to apply the company's strategy as well as GSK policies, processes, procedures and expectations. Position GSK as a partner of choice for external experts by building trustful relationships with HCPs and leveraging team's knowledge and having the patient at the heart of every discussion
Knowledge/ Education / Previous Experience Required
A. Educational Background
1. Minimum Level of Education Primary Degree
Area of Specialisation Business / Pharmacy / Human Sciences
Why is this Level of Education Required? Business Credibility
2. Preferred Level of Education MBA
Area of Specialisation Business
Why is this Level of Education Preferred? This would provide the candidate with additional business and management qualifications which would be beneficial in a developing challenging region
B. Job-Related Experience
Minimum Level of Job-Related Experience required A minimum of 5 years' experience of managing a business/marketing/medical function in any GSK Business. Experience of working in a developing market, especially with French language skills would be a distinct advantage. A minimum of two years People Management experience is mandatory
Why is this Level of Experience Required? The Representative Office supports Cote d'Ivoire, a French Speaking Territory. French Language skills would be a distinct advantage. Managing a business and people management experience are mandatory to be successful in this position
Application of Knowledge
To develop the performance of the business and individuals through coaching and leadership to drive people and territory performance growth in line with GSK values.
To consistently and skillfully build comprehensive knowledge (scientific, medical and promotional skills) in others that provides value to customers and builds trust.
To consistently coach and demonstrate all aspects of the patient focused scientific promotional approach, multi-channel promotional skills that address appropriate customer and patient needs and enhance the customer journey.
The Head of Representative Office is the role leading execution of marketing strategy, recruitment, developing capabilities and coaching the performance of field force. He / She is also the custodian of GSK image and reputation throughout the interaction with their teams, HCPs and external stakeholders in the designated territory.
Problem Solving & Innovation
Identify & understand opportunities and challenges within the external health economy and internal matrix working environments.
Identify when and how to conduct root cause analysis, and develop insights, to improve productivity, efficiency and quality of field force effort to drive execution of strategy and access to medicines for patients.
Strong interpersonal, communication and emotional intelligence skills are required to lead, coach and motivate a team of First Line Leaders and Medical Representatives as well as indirect management of Global Support Employees in the Rep Office
Internal stakeholder management - Managing the matrix of the cross functional support team 'Marketing, Medical, CTC,...etc' is required to successfully execute to responsibilities of this role.
External stakeholder management - Managing HCPs, and other relevant external stakeholders is required to successfully execute to responsibilities of this role.
The person will manage a team responsible for managing business in Cote d'Ivoire. The country is French speaking with a wide cultural diversity. The Rep Office will also interact regularly with colleagues in the wider Export Organization in Africa MENA CIS and the UK.
This role leads a customer facing team which is the main driver for creating demand for our medicines in the market and ensuring accessibility of our medicines to patients. This role is accountable for driving the execution of the marketing and promotional strategy through their teams lead measures with the customers.
Pharmacy, Life Sciences, Business
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top