Head of Procurement, Malaysia
Lead and manage all Procurement activities for GSK Malaysia.
To lead, manage and develop a team of 2 procurement buyers in Malaysia.
To ensure input to and alignment with the creation of regional and global sourcing strategies, representing the needs of local stakeholders and local markets dynamics, in partnership with the Global and Regional category teams.
To identify and deliver business benefits aligned to assurance of supply, quality, service, cost and innovation and delivering stakeholders and business partner requirements through execution of category strategies
To drive operational efficiencies by ensuring Contract & Preferred Supplier list compliance as well as managing the Tail spend
To deliver effective Plans of Purchase agreed with key stakeholders and Finance
• Lead and direct a Procurement team of 2 in Malaysia
• Develop and implement effective ways of working in LOC
• Develop the team and individual capabilities from both technical and behavioural aspects
• Align with appropriate Regional and Global category teams and work in collaboration with these teams to provide local business requirements and market information to support effective collaborative regional and global strategy creation and execution
• Execute sourcing strategies for spend categories in scope of responsibility aligned with the requirements of stakeholders and business partners
• Deliver benefits identified in strategies, local, regional and global, through effective and collaborative strategy execution, aligned to assurance of supply (risk management), quality, service, cost and innovation
• Identify and deliver in-country savings opportunities
• Support Regional and Global category lead in the creation and delivery of effective regional Plans of Purchase agreed with key stakeholders and Finance
Drive operational efficiency
• Ownership of tail management within the country and challenge it appropriately to ensure no category spend is left outside category scope
• Challenge requirements and educate stakeholder to drive maximum contract and PSL compliance
Business partnering & stakeholder management in GSK
• Build strategic relationship with a network of GSK stakeholders, to understand business requirements, identify opportunities to create value and to position Procurement's value proposition.
• Influence key stakeholders and business partners to support strategy development endorse recommend strategies, support execution and agree how benefit delivery will be budgeted
External supplier relationships
• Build strategic relationships with key local suppliers at a senior level and lead processes to ensure value is driven from these relationships. Ensure local considerations are accounted global & regional supplier relationships.
• Influence category teams to ensure regional considerations are taken into account in global & regional supplier negotiations and contracts
• Manage the supply base for the categories within scope through a robust performance management process. Ensure supplier performance is understood and measured.
Supply chain & risk management
• Transform the supply chain to release value and make GSK more responsive to business and customer needs in close collaboration with Global and Regional category teams - for example in cost control, complexity reduction, simplification, best practise procurement and KPI's.
• Identify and manage significant risks in the local supply chain. Ensure appropriate mitigation plans are in place and in use and that the risks are communicated appropriately within business units impacted, Procurement and the supply base
• POs and Contract approval
• Supplier & Contracts database management
- University degree
- Fluency in English
- Min 5 years' experience in Procurement
- Demonstrated expertise in Procurement processes is required, particularly with respect to developing & implementing significant strategies, managing projects, stakeholder management and supplier relationship management
- Demonstrated experience in influencing strategy and managing across business units and interfacing with regional and global teams
- Analytical, innovative and strategic thinking
- Ability to initiate and lead change
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills
- 'Hands on' and 'Can do' attitude
- High integrity
What We Can Offer You
GSK's dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, long term incentives and a host of other flexible offerings you can tailor to your own preferences. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you would like to join us in innovating and inspiring changes in the industry, we urge you to apply.
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have three global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies.
We are proud of the difference we make. GSK has ranked 1st in the Access to Medicines Index all five times since its launch in 2008 and FORTUNE Magazine ranked us #1 on its 'Change the World list' which recognises companies that have made significant progress in sustainable, scalable approaches to addressing societal problems as part of their company strategy.
GSK has been present in Asia for over 50 years and our commitment to the region is strengthened by the establishment of our purpose-built headquarters for Asia. Situated in Singapore, GSK Asia House is a further step in our long-standing strategy to grow and diversify our company - emphasizing the globally balanced business we have built over the years. To better support Asia, we focus on developing talent to improve our ability to make the right decisions for healthcare professionals, patients and consumers across the region.
There are many other roles available within GSK, including in finance, human resources, legal, IT, procurement, communications and core business services.
They provide the partnership, strategic counsel and support services the business units need to operate efficiently and effectively. This enables them to focus on developing, manufacturing and delivering medicines, vaccines and products to the patients and consumers who need them.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top