Head of Procurement Germany (m/f/diverse)
The purpose of the Head of Procurement (m/f/diverse) job is to lead, manage and develop a team of professional sourcing staff, located in country of responsibility to ensure effective performance of Procurement teams in the scope of responsibility.
To ensure input to and alignment with the creation of Hub and global sourcing strategies, representing the needs of local stakeholders and local markets dynamics, in partnership with the Global category teams.
To identify and deliver business benefits aligned to assurance of supply, quality, service, cost and innovation and delivering stakeholders and business partner requirements through execution of category strategies.
To deliver effective budgets (Plans of Purchase) agreed with key stakeholders and Finance in accordance with the Spend Management Framework and aligned to the global budgets together with Global and Regional category team.
• Lead and direct a Procurement team across one country (or more) within a region
• Develop and implement effective ways of working across the Hub, LOC and Category team to ensure a cohesive approach
• Ensure appropriate communication strategy across Hub, LOC and Category teams is in place and in use
• Develop the team and individual capabilities from both technical and behavioural aspects (including providing feedback for Category team members to their line managers)
• Align with appropriate Hub and Global category teams and work in collaboration with these teams to provide local business requirements and market information to support effective collaborative regional and global strategy creation and execution
• Execute sourcing strategies for spend categories in scope of responsibility aligned with the requirements of stakeholders and business partners
• Deliver benefits identified in strategies, local, hub and global, through effective and collaborative strategy execution, aligned to assurance of supply (risk management), quality, service, cost and innovation
• Support Global category lead in the creation and delivery of effective regional budgets (Plans of Purchase) agreed with key stakeholders and Finance in accordance with the Spend Management Framework
Drive operational efficiency
• Ownership of tail management within the in-scope country and challenge it appropriately to ensure no category spend is left outside category scope
• Challenge requirements and educate stakeholder to drive maximum contract and PSL compliance
Business partnering & stakeholder management in GSK
• Build strategic relationship with a network of senior GSK local/hub stakeholders, to understand business requirements, identify opportunities to create value and to position Procurement's value proposition.
• Influence key stakeholders and business partners to support strategy development endorse recommend strategies, support execution and agree how benefit delivery will be budgeted
External supplier relationships
• Build strategic relationships with key local suppliers at a senior level and lead processes to ensure value is driven from these relationships. Ensure local considerations are accounted global & regional supplier relationships.
• Influence category teams to ensure hub considerations are taken into account in global & hub supplier negotiations and contracts
• Manage the supply base for the categories within scope through a robust performance management process. Ensure supplier performance is understood and measured.
Supply chain & risk management
• Transform the supply chain to release value and make GSK more responsive to business and customer needs in close collaboration with Global and Regional category teams - for example in cost control, complexity reduction, simplification, best practise procurement and KPI's.
• Identify and manage significant risks in the local supply chain. Ensure appropriate mitigation plans are in place and in use and that the risks are communicated appropriately within business units impacted, Procurement and the supply base
For internal GSK applicants please indicate in your application if you are at risk of redundancy.
• Fluent German (spoken & written)
• Proven experience working with German local laws & regulations
• MBA, MCIPS (or US/International equivalents)
• Area of specialization: Marketing, Finance, Procurement
• Demonstrated experience of successfully leading teams within a country
• Demonstrated expertise in Procurement processes is required, particularly with respect to developing & implementing significant strategies, stakeholder management and supplier relationship management
• Demonstrated experience in influencing strategy and managing across business units and interfacing with regional and global teams
• Demonstrated experience in managing significant projects
• Demonstrated experience in managing people and developing talent
• Demonstrated expertise in all key indirect procurement commodities
Technical competency: Stakeholder partnering, Performance management, Sourcing strategy development, Category management, Supplier Relationship management, line management experience
High Performance Behaviours: Enable & drive change in complex environment, proven experience in developing people, Building relationships at GM / SVP level
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires
Who are Global Procurement at GSK?
•We are a centralized and integrated organization, delivering value to GSK through partnership with stakeholders and our supply base. Our team is comprised of 700+ colleagues in over 65 countries. Collectively we manage over £11B in spend across a substantial breadth of spend categories. We do this through an approach centered around Global Category Management and through embedded presence and engagement with our stakeholders in local country teams and manufacturing sites.
What role does Procurement play in delivering the GSK strategy?
•Procurement at GSK continues to develop into an important strategic business partner with a high expectation to help create value for GSK not only through delivering savings to the business but from working with great suppliers who help deliver high quality goods and services to GSK impacting both our bottom line and top line growth.
What's the future for Global Procurement?
•We will be an integrated organization with value added business partnering relationships, deep category expertise in the right places, and effective supplier relationship management practices. We are focused on streamlining business processes, efficiently managing a strong pipeline of value-adding projects, and delivering maximum value for GSK
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top