Head of Procurement, APAC & MEA Sites, Consumer Healthcare
In this newly created role, as the Procurement Head for Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa Sites, you'll be responsible for leadership of the Procurement teams for all manufacturing-related categories of spend (Directs & Indirects) within our Consumer Healthcare business. As the business partner to the Supply Chain Vice President, you'll also be accountable for the quality, service/ supply risk and cost of all materials and services procured for the sites.
You'll have an annual spend accountability of ~GBP250m Directs, ~GBP30m Manufacturing Indirects, ~GBP100-150m Logistics and ~GBP20-30m Capex.
Bringing an inspiring and inclusive leadership approach, you'll be an experienced people manager & coach, as this role manages a team of 19 direct reports, based across the APAC region.
• Accountable for the quality, service/ supply risk and cost of all materials and services for the Consumer Healthcare (CH) APAC & MEA manufacturing sites.
• Accountable for creating and implementing Procurement strategies and initiatives which improve quality and service/ supply risk and deliver cost savings for the Americas APAC & MEA business.
• Accountable for business partnering with the CH APAC & MEA SC Vice President. The role holder is required to manage and influence many senior stakeholders enterprise-wide.
• Accountable for ensuring that the key requirements of Procurement of each Regional/ Value Stream SC are built into the relevant Category Procurement strategies and delivered.
• Accountable for ensuring that the key requirements of the Regional/ Value Stream SCs and Sites of each of the relevant Category Procurement strategies are delivered.
• Accountable for attracting, developing and retaining a strong talent base.
As a experienced procurement leader, you'll be highly skilled in enterprise-wide senior stakeholder management, demonstrating exceptional influencing and negotiating skills with the proven ability to deliver significant transformation and change. Execution in this role is paramount, so your track record in successful delivery is critical.
If you are looking for your next opportunity to develop and deliver Procurement strategies, manage significant projects and enhance your skills in creating/unlocking P&L value, then we urge you to apply.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
Closing date for applications: 19th December 2018
Please note this role could be based at a number of GSK Consumer Healthcare sites across APAC. Please state your preferred location on your application. Relocation support will not be provided
Degree in Procurement/ Supply Chain/ Engineering/ Science/ Business/ Finance
Significant professional Procurement experience in a comparable large, complex company
- Significant leadership experience of a procurement function
- Strong capability to execute; this is core to the role
- Strategy development and implementation; strong value creation capability
- Strong stakeholder management and strategic influencing skills
- Strong capability to drive accountability
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Strong technical expertise
- Demonstrated decision making capability
- Demonstrated relationship management skills
- Demonstrated programme management capability
- Understanding of legal/ compliance/ regulatory frameworks
Masters in Procurement/ Supply Chain/ Engineering/ Science/ Business/ Finance
Our Consumer Healthcare business combines scientific expertise and deep consumer insights to create innovative everyday healthcare brands that help
millions of people around the world do more, feel better, live longer.
We drive leadership in our priority categories by focusing on power brands, core brands and priority markets. Our world-class brands including Sensodyne, Voltaren, Panadol, Theraflu, Otrivin, parodontax and Poligrip can be found in millions of people's homes around the world, providing trusted solutions that support everyday health.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top