Head of Monitoring
The Head of Monitoring provides leadership, oversight and manages the activities of monitoring personnel to ensure the delivery of all clinical studies according to GSK written standards and ICH GCP.
Ensures that all monitoring deliverables meet appropriate expectations and quality standards.
• Accountable to ensure the completion and delivery of all monitoring deliverables for all studies assigned to the LOC to agreed timelines, budget and quality standards
• Accountable to works with the CRA managers or CRAs / SCRAs to resolve / escalate issues that may impact study delivery
• Responsible to act as a coach and mentor to the CRAs / CRA managers including line and performance management
• Responsible for standardizing processes, identifying and sharing best practices and representing monitoring on internal and cross functional process improvement teams
• Responsible for effective resource utilization so that studies are resourced appropriately
• Scientific degree (e.g. life science, medicine, clinical research, pharmacy etc.) or equivalent experience with line and project management experience
• 5+ years' experience in clinical research (prior monitoring experience preferred), with experience in all stages of study lifecycle (start-up, recruitment and close out) and across all phases
• Good understanding of clinical development and people management
• Fluent Polish and English written and verbal communication skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• Solid line management and / or matrix management experience
• Good project /team management skills
• Advanced/expert level of MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word & Outlook)
• Solid understanding of R&D and drug development process
• Experience in contributing to key process initiatives for operational strategies
• Demonstrated ability to manage clinical study resources and activities including multiple products or indications
• Demonstrated ability to lead and implement change
See Basic qualifications.
• Important role and career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
• Possibility of developing within the role and company structure
• Supportive & friendly working environment
• Company culture based on GSK values: patient focus, integrity, respect and transparency
• Atmosphere of trust which let you grow professionally and act independently
• Non-wage benefits (medical care, life insurance, pension scheme, sports card, recreation allowance, social fund, preventive healthcare services)
Thank you very much for your interest in development opportunities with GlaxoSmithKline.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top