Head of Forecasting & Marketing Mix
Build and lead Forecasting & Marketing Mix function within U.S. Pharma Commercial Insights to be the Center of Excellence for forecasts, business scenarios, projections, and performance assumptions grounded in empirical market intelligence and in analytical models, and for ROI and mROI analysis through Marketing Mix model and related assessments. This role requires strong methodological and conceptual leadership, as well as relevant experience and strong executive presence, as the incumbent will be independently interacting with, and influencing decision-making by, executives in several functions, including Finance, BU leadership, Global Forecasting, and Managed Markets. The incumbent will be a key member of the Commercial Insights Leadership team.
• Establish, document, and maintain USP Forecast/ Latest Estimate, Long-Range Forecast, as well as Consensus forecast and Commercial forecast
• Maintain SKU level forecasts for all brands across portfolio (including Puerto Rico)
• Pro-actively model, visualize, and pressure-test scenarios, projection, and assumptions; articulate and document assumptions and risks accordingly, and for select stakeholder information and alignment; lead forecast and projection efforts for launch planning
• Support US financial submissions and quarterly earnings call, as needed
• Lead - process and methodologically - enterprise-wide resource optimization cycle, including Marketing Mix Model for key brands, pilots and experiments - and learnings/ implications of outcomes, and scenarios for resource shifts to meet or exceed plan
• Develop, maintain, and periodically refresh "playbooks" for forecasting and resource optimization standard practices (approaches, frameworks, and methodologies, for example for marketing mix model, test-control, specific simulations)
• Adopt, implement, and contribute to further evolution of, relevant global/ corporate frameworks in the Data - Digital - Analytics realm
• Develop and lead strong team of forecasting and analytics professionals to be recognized as top-tier in the industry
• Provide hands-on coaching and direction to forecasters, analysts, and vendor personnel
• Collaborate and partner effectively with various stakeholders across the enterprise, including Marketing, Sales, Digital, Finance, and Technology teams; respond to senior management requests
• Manage strategic vendor relationships, e.g., analytics workbench, analytics tools and models, data visualization, with a view to achieve high user satisfaction and optimal benefit for GSK
• Align and partner as key member of Commercial Insights Leadership Team, in steering the function for capability and performance leadership
• Graduate degree in Business (MBA), in Science (M.Sc) - incl. Computer Sciences and Operations Research, or in Finance/ Economics (M. Econ.) or related
• 10+ years of professional experience, full-time employment, of which the most recent three years at GSK, in a peer company of GSK's, or in leading global management consulting firm, with focus on Forecasting and Marketing Mix models, ideally in U.S. commercial pharma
• Methodological hands-on mastery and conceptual leadership of relevant analytical approaches and models, including promotional response, multi-channel engagement, various channel, campaign, and tactics best practices; also customer segmentation techniques, and understanding of performance drivers/ trends across customer cohorts; SAS and/ or R programming experience highly desired
• Deep knowledge in and experience with at least two of GSK U.S. Pharma relevant commercial areas, Primary Care (particularly Respiratory), Specialty (Immunology, Oncology), Vaccines
• Sustained functional leadership of teams, and success in achieving high-performing team levels
• Experience in managing onshore/ offshore contractors and analytics workbench personnel
• Strong communication and presentation skills as evidenced through impactful senior management presentations, conference presentations, and/ or publications
• Ph.D. in the abovementioned fields
• Understanding of the business impact of diversity & inclusion
• Proven and advanced collaboration skills, and cultural sensitivity
• Strong business acumen
• Demonstrated ability to influence senior commercial leadership and confidently defend informed recommendations
• Ability to work effectively across a matrix environment and influence without formal authority
• Ability to lead through change and inspire agility/flexibility amongst team
• Experience fostering personal development of direct reports
Commercial Insights is the competence center for commercial analytics, data, forecasting, market intelligence, and reporting leading practices and key initiatives in GSK U.S. Pharma & Vaccines.
Commercial Insights leadership defines approaches, frameworks, methodologies, and standard practices used throughout many parts of GSK, scoping and assessing commercial investments along the omni-channel paradigm.
World-class capability centers are deployed to drive and support brand management efforts in managed markets, marketing, and sales, in therapeutic areas Respiratory, Immunology & Inflammation, Oncology, and in Vaccines. Facilitated by small teams of commercial insights leads, analysts, data scientists, market intelligence professionals, and forecasters develop coherent and impactful insights and solutions with the objective and commitment to make patients do more, feel better, live longer.
Commercial Insights staff conduct their work often hands-on, supported by a small number of strategic partners, building a valuable knowledge base inhouse.
Staff is recruited from within GSK, from peer organizations within and from outside the pharmaceutical industry, including from leading universities and management consulting firms
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top