Head of Commercial Data & Analytics
Build and lead Commercial Data & Analytics function within U.S. Pharma Commercial Insights to be the Center of Excellence for omni-channel customer engagement, for campaign and channel design and best practices, and for commercial data governance and strategy. In the Global Pharma "U.S. first" approach for Data and Analytics, this role has high visibility and requires strong methodological and conceptual leadership. The incumbent will be a key member of the Commercial Insights Leadership team, while also independently interacting with BU leaders and other senior management.
• Develop and lead strong sub-functions: Omni-channel Analytics, Access & Trade Analytics, and Commercial Data; develop and lead strong team of data and analytics professionals to be recognized as top-tier in the industry
• Develop, maintain, and periodically refresh "playbooks" for data & analytics standard practices (approaches, frameworks, and methodologies, for example for call plan, segmentation, design of campaigns and tactics)
• Actively lead generation and articulation of insights with a view to pressure test and mature such insights for eventual testing and/ or full operationalization
• Adopt, implement, and contribute to further evolution of, relevant global/ corporate frameworks in the Data - Digital - Analytics realm
• Develop, maintain, and periodically enhance integrated enterprise reporting solution, for one-version-of-the-truth reporting; partner with Market Intelligence function for reporting tool vendor management
• Prioritize, manage, and lead portfolio of data and analytics projects across GSK U.S. Pharma
• Provide hands-on coaching and direction to analysts, data scientists, and vendor personnel
• Collaborate and partner effectively with various stakeholders across the enterprise, including Marketing, Sales, Digital, Finance, and Technology teams; respond to senior management requests for operational analysis and measurement
• Manage strategic vendor relationships, e.g., data management, enterprise reporting, analytics workbench, data visualization, with a view to achieve high user satisfaction and optimal benefit for GSK
• Align and partner as key member of Commercial Insights Leadership Team, in steering the function for capability and performance leadership
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
• Play an important role in delivering our mission
• Be an essential part of diverse, global team
• Develop others as part of your own professional growth
Interested in Joining the Team?
• Graduate degree in Business (MBA), in Science (M.Sc) - incl. Computer Sciences and Operations Research, or in Economics (M. Econ.), or relate
• 10+ years of professional experience, full-time employment, of which the most recent three years at GSK, in a peer company of GSK's, or in leading global management consulting firm, with focus on U.S. pharma commercial data and analytics
• Methodological hands-on mastery and conceptual leadership of relevant analytical approaches and models, including promotional response, multi-channel engagement, various channel, campaign, and tactics best practices; also customer segmentation techniques, and understanding of performance drivers/ trends across customer cohorts; SAS and/ or R programming experience highly desired
• Relevant recent experience and defendable knowledge of pharmaceutical commercial data sets and sources, incl. IQVIA, Symphony, MMIT
• Deep knowledge in and experience with at least two of GSK U.S. Pharma relevant commercial areas, Primary Care (particularly Respiratory), Specialty (Immunology, Oncology), Vaccines
• Sustained functional leadership of teams, and success in achieving high-performing team levels
• Recent experience in managing onshore/ offshore analytics workbench and data management vendors
• Outstanding communication and presentation skills as evidenced through impactful senior management presentations, conference presentations, and/ or publications
• Ph.D. in the abovementioned fields
• Understanding of the business impact of diversity & inclusion
• Proven and advanced collaboration skills, and cultural sensitivity
• Strong business acumen
• Demonstrated ability to influence senior commercial leadership and confidently defend informed recommendations
• Ability to work effectively across a matrix environment and influence without formal authority
• Ability to lead through change and inspire agility/flexibility amongst team
• Experience fostering personal development of direct reports
Commercial Insights is the competence center for commercial analytics, data, forecasting, market intelligence, and reporting leading practices and key initiatives in GSK U.S. Pharma & Vaccines.
Commercial Insights leadership defines approaches, frameworks, methodologies, and standard practices used throughout many parts of GSK, scoping and assessing commercial investments along the omni-channel paradigm.
World-class capability centers are deployed to drive and support brand management efforts in managed markets, marketing, and sales, in therapeutic areas Respiratory, Immunology & Inflammation, Oncology, and in Vaccines. Facilitated by small teams of commercial insights leads, analysts, data scientists, market intelligence professionals, and forecasters develop coherent and impactful insights and solutions with the objective and commitment to make patients do more, feel better, live longer.
Commercial Insights staff conduct their work often hands-on, supported by a small number of strategic partners, building a valuable knowledge base inhouse.
Staff is recruited from within GSK, from peer organizations within and from outside the pharmaceutical industry, including from leading universities and management consulting firms
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top