Head of China Pharma IT
– Experience in major global IT organisation
– Track record in successful IT strategy development, solution design, programme and project delivery and service management
– Success in delivering business impact through process and IT enabled solutions
– Experience of vendor management in particular IT/BPO outsourcing and/ or software
– Excellent relationship management, strong influencing and communication skills at senior level
– Deep content knowledge of relevant process areas (processes & applications)
– Business and commercial knowledge – demonstrated deep understanding of pharma business operations and processes in China area
– Ability to develop effective IT business strategies
– Strong Innovative Thinking and Leading People behavioral capabilities
– Experienced matrix manager
– Evidence of driving business results through IT innovation
– Experiences in digital / MCM demand analysis and delivery
– Bachelors Degree in Information Technology or related technical area
– M.S Computer Science and/or MBA preferred
Reporting to the Head of APAC Global Pharmaceuticals IT, the Head of China Pharma IT will be accountable and responsible for leading the IT function in the China area and ensure best in class IT services and processes. He/ she will work closely with the business to develop and deliver IT strategies, solutions and services to meet the needs of the business.
- To lead the China IT function to ensure that the China Pharmaceuticals business has the IT systems and digital channels in place to drive its growth and support GSK's globalization of processes
- Be the single point of accountability in the China area for the success of global, regional and local IT projects and services. The role is required to manage the full lifecycle for solutions and services ensuring continuity of services while evolving functionality in line with business need.
- To strategically prioritize the IT demand and drive execution. Ensures the right level of oversight is in place to ensure: priorities and roadmaps are signed off in agreement with the business; solutions and services meet a high standard of governance and compliance with minimal risk exposure; and, problems are escalated and resolved efficiently.
- To consult with the business, adding value through innovative uses of IT (i.e. solving business challenges and realizing new business opportunities)
- Business Relationship Management: Working with the business leadership team to develop and deliver IT strategies, solutions and services that drive the key business growth and simplification strategies.
- Solution and Service Strategy: Develop, deliver and maintain an IT strategy to deliver a Target Application Landscape (TAL) for the markets within the area. The TAL should represent the optimal set of applications and services which meets the business strategy and requirements. Work with the relevant BPPs and BPAG groups to ensure that the TAL meets the business needs of the region.
- Project Delivery: Ensure the effective delivery of projects, with appropriate processes and controls, to deliver against timelines, quality and cost. Engage and manage contract resources as required to deliver projects. Manage the matrix effectively, build strong relationships and influence key stakeholders such as the heads of IT shared services to support business critical programs.
- Innovative uses of IT
- Governance: Establish and lead Business Governance bodies, to drive prioritization, approval for projects, provide oversight and enable benefits realization, manage overall service performance and manage business risk.
- Quality, Risk & Compliance: Accountable for ensuring all applications supporting the business are compliant with internal GSK security, risk management policies and practices, external regulatory and statutory requirements e.g. GxP, SARBOX and that IT continuity plans are in place for all business critical applications
- Service Management: Accountable for ensuring the right services levels are in place and maintained in line with business need and the appropriate responses made to Voice of the Process (VOP) and Voice of the Customer (VOC)
- People Management: Accountable for line managing and developing staff within APAC/China Pharmaceuticals IT and ensure ongoing succession planning is in place to maintain Business Process knowledge and deep IT expertise.
- Shared Services: Within the APAC/China Region significant synergies are realized by the Pharma IT team running shared services for the local CH and GMS operations.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top