Head of Cell and Viral Drug Substance Belgium
- Masters degree : Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, or other related discipline
- At least 10 years of experience in industrial bioprocess development, with experience in both early and late stage programs. Experience with recombinant protein therapeutics and/or vaccines is required with deep expertise in cell culture-based biotechnology, viral vector and vaccine production.
- At least 5 years of team leadership experience is required.
- Fluent in English; a good command of French would be an asset
- PhD : Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, or other related discipline
Job purpose :
As Head of Cell and Viral Drug Substance for the Rixensart, Belgium site, you will be responsible for leading and managing the Cell and Viral Drug Substance team to enable delivery of robust, cost effective and well characterized production processes for the manufacture of clinical and commercial vaccines based on mammalian cell and viral expression technologies.
The incumbent will establish and maintain strong collaboration and interaction both locally and globally with internal (within TRD ) and external (Discovery, GIO, Quality, Regulatory Etc.) partners and contribute to project plans for delivering the CMC strategy and Project objectives with the right quality and on time.
As the team leader, you will develop, coach and lead people to create a high performing team with robust succession plans. You will build expertise and competencies within the Cell and Viral Drug Substance R&D function in order to bring the best technical solutions to new vaccine production processes with minimum complexity and cost of goods.
Key responsabilities :
- Serve as a member of the global Drug Substance leadership team, contributing to strategic planning and collaboration across the TRD network (Including Italy, Belgium and US sites).
- Leading and manage the Cell and Viral Drug Substance team to enable delivery of robust, cost effective and well characterized production processes in line with the MTP.
- Ensure successful process and knowledge transfer to GMP manufacturing sites for clinical and commercial production and support products throughout their lifecycle.
- Support regulatory filings by providing high quality CMC information to enable product licensure.
- Develop, coach and lead associates to create high performing teams with robust succession plans.
- Identify and implement state-of- the-art manufacturing technologies for manufacture of new vaccine candidates.
- Utilize Quality by Design and other advanced methodologies to enable definition of manufacturing processes.
- Establish and maintain strong collaboration and interaction both locally and globally with internal (within TRD) and external (Discovery, GIO, Quality, Regulatory Etc.) partners
- Contribute to project plans for delivering the CMC strategy and project objectives.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
The department :
Patient-focused Research and Development (R&D) is the heart of our business. Our R&D department seeks to discover and develop new vaccines, to protect against diseases where vaccines are not yet available and to improve on those vaccines that already exist. Part of our R&D programme targets diseases particularly prevalent in the developing world, including the World Health Organisation's three priority diseases - HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria. Research into candidate vaccines for other diseases of the developing world, such as dengue are at an earlier stage of development.
When it comes to developing the vaccines of the future, we're looking for real experts in their respective fields who are interested in working in the stimulating environment of an international healthcare company.
We emphasise the value of teamwork and we look for people ready to share our values of transparency, respect, integrity and patient focus.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top