Head Medical Engagement Capabilities and Enablement
What are the needs (current and future) of the external healthcare community, do we have a strategic plan to meet those needs, how do we execute on that plan, and what impact are we having when we engage with the healthcare community? These are key questions for the US Medical Affairs organization and the newly created Medical Engagement Capabilities and Enablement team. The leader of this organization will work with USMA leadership to establish a framework and ways of working to ensure USMA is leading the way in external engagement and meeting the needs of payers, providers, and patients from both an organizational effectiveness and efficiency perspective.
US Medical Affairs seeks to be future thinking in effectively meeting the needs of the external healthcare community through partnership, collaboration, and engagement via a variety of different channels. There are aspects of our business related to strategic planning, functional capabilities, and operational infrastructure that need to be enhanced or defined to ensure our success in engaging the healthcare community regarding appropriate use of GSK products. Change management, communications, training, and embedding new ways of working are critical to success. This new organization will ensure there are links between our engagement strategies, tactical plans, and measures of impact. It will also build new capabilities, processes, and systems that will enable optimal impact across the full spectrum of our engagement activities.
In addition, connections with the global organization to maximize impact of efforts across GSK are key. This role will work with global medical to avoid duplication and ensure maximum synergies of efforts across the global to local matrix. This role would also represent US Medical Affairs on the various oversight boards related to Scientific Engagement work.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Partner with the leadership of the TAs and functional lines to ensure strategic engagement plans at a portfolio and brand level are in place which meets the needs of payers, providers, and patients
• Responsible for operational framework that ensures excellence in execution and operational efficiency on key tactics of engagement (i.e. SE - 1:1, 1:many, Ad Boards, Consultancies, Disease State Education, Scientific Workshops, IME, ISSs, Scientific Communications)
• Lead the Stewardship Model rollout and support across USMA
• Oversee the design and execution of the US medical affairs competency framework including providing customized strategic advice to leadership as well as ensuring global alignment
• Design and execute the medicine and customer readiness programs and the medical affairs and business foundational programs that will enable our ability to become trusted partners
• Develop framework for continual improvement and ensure we are truly meeting our customer needs; drive best in class ways of working across all aspects of Medical Engagement
• Build capabilities and operational framework where needed to enhance the organization's ability to strategically plan and fully execute various channels of engagement
• Push the organization to be future thinking in their ability to meet the customers' needs with attention to enhance our channels of engagement (i.e. digital solutions, face to face, etc)
• Work with Sr. Medical leaders and our analytics capability to develop measures that allow us to know if we are effectively addressing the medical needs of the healthcare community; based upon this data (informed analytics) make recommendations to Sr. Leadership for future opportunities, capabilities, and overall system/process enhancements
• Drive and execute a consistent and focused change management process, which may include communications, training, follow up, etc
• Bachelors level degree
• 8-10 years medical affairs experience and proven organizational line leadership
• Deep understanding of Commercial and R&D organizations and how Medical spans and supports these organizations
• Experience in industry regulatory and compliance issues
• Experience in project management of complex, cross functional initiatives
• Strong problem-solving skills that are pragmatic, which demonstrates a strong understanding of the business.
• Proven track record of leadership and influencing skills in an extensively matrixed organization
• Ability to build relationships and create proven business solutions that address different business needs and objectives
• Strong communication and change management skills
• Proven track record of being able to streamline processes execute on business priorities.
• Ability to build confidence and trust with senior executives
• Demonstrated flexible and forward-thinking, with a sense of the future direction of US and global healthcare and the willingness and ability to engage in determining the strategic direction of the organization.
• High degree of creativity and innovation
• MBA, PharmD, PhD or MD
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top