Head, Manufacturing & Supply Chain Automation, Pharma R&D
- Bachelor's degree in Automation, Manufacturing, Engineering, Supply Chain or closely related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
- Advanced degree in Automation, Manufacturing, Engineering, Supply Chain or closely related discipline with 10+ years of relevant experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated leadership in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills across internal and external stakeholders and senior leaders
- Knowledge of small and large molecule drug product manufacture
- Ability to simplify complex concepts and communicate to diverse audiences through concise and simple summaries of concepts and solutions
- Knowledge of automation and control system strategies for pharmaceutical manufacture with extensive experience of leading automation projects or teams.
- Track record of delivery of automation systems, technology innovation, including experience in implementing solutions and the challenges and change management required to execute effectively.
- Specific experience of initiating and leading strategic initiatives and tactical projects
- Must have superior change management skills with a demonstrated ability to lead project teams through complex change efforts.
- Leadership of Pharma R&D Manufacturing & Supply Chain automation (MSCA) team, with a broad accountability for automation spanning discovery sample management, drug substance & product pilot plant operations and packaging operations across all the modalities. Inspire a high performing team with accountability for automation and operations management technologies, ensuring the team proactively explores opportunities that can deliver business value or respond to specific challenges. Role holder will recruit, develop and retain a group of internal (R&D, GMS, IT) and vendor-supplied automation specialists and niche domain expertise as well as managing strategic vendor relationships. Build and maintain relationships with key automation suppliers, vendors, business partners, stakeholders and sponsors and demonstrate appropriate GSK behaviours essential to automation delivery.
- The role holder is accountable for defining the vision and action plan for automation across the Product Development & Supply (PDS) manufacturing & supply chain. The action plan will define the required investments to equip a modernized business with industry-leading capability. The team of technical leaders will set technology direction, define investment roadmaps, and implement the platforms required to deliver critical PDS business goals of efficient & accelerated portfolio delivery and optimised product & process knowledge.
- The role holder is the key R&D lead on the enterprise-wide Global Automation Strategy Team (GAST) alongside opinion leaders from Global Manufacture & Supply, Vaccines and Consumer Health which sets GSK strategy for the company's manufacturing automation investment. Externally, lead and direct engagement on manufacturing and supply chain automation for R&D and development of GSK's positioning in terms of automation platforms across the supply chain. This includes leading strategic supplier selection and relationship building; external benchmarking and leadership in a number of external automation bodies (e.g. ELRIG, ISA, IAAE MESA).
- Leadership accountability for ensuring compliance, including Quality and EHS, is assured for all group responsibilities. (e.g. validation, change control). Effectively represent the validated and compliant status of automation systems during internal and external regulatory interactions.
- Take lead in managing the M&E, IT and WREF budgets for Target to Patient Supply (TPS) to ensure alignment with business priorities and compliance with Finance and IT processes, including the substantial multi-year, multi-million pound modernization investment programmes in both Discovery & Clinical supply chains.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top