Head, Bioimaging Analytics
To provide a leadership role in the global Bioimaging team to deliver optimised imaging data management and advanced computational approaches for data analytics, visualization and modelling. The role requires experience in the modelling/analysis of imaging data and will require the development of numerous analytics strategies to work with and align the varied range of highly complex, multidimensional, multimodel imaging data acquired by the global Bioimaging platform. The role includes working with various GSK platform and discovery teams to directly answer project challenges in drug discovery or to operate as part of a matrix of data scientists linking available resources to provide more powerful decision-making tools to address such challenges. The role will also involve working across other GSK Imaging teams to establish an analytics translation between imaging data both high-content cellular screening and clinical/experimental imaging studies.
Key Responsibilities (10 bullet points maximum)
Describe the key deliverables to be achieved by the post holder and the ongoing responsibilities of the role
• the development and qualification of novel imaging analytics capabilities within GSK to support understanding of drug Biodistribution and the definition of phenotypic traits/functional alterations to biology in cells, tissues, preclinical models and clinical subjects
• the development and delivery of external collaborations to meet the need for efficient and informative methods for imaging data processing and modelling
• delivering direct and indirect data management/imaging analytics support for GSK project/programs and communication of findings to deep therapeutic experts in these areas
• the management of all imaging data obtained within the global Bioimaging platform including working with R&D Data and R&D Tech colleagues to align imaging data to the wider enterprise resources
• direct and matrix leadership for provision of analytics approaches to maximising the primary use and availability for secondary reuse of imaging data
• engaging with imaging scientists to implement new data driven approaches to imaging data acquisition to enhance data quality and/or business efficiency.
A minimum of 5 years' experience in imaging analytics as applied to complex imaging data for biological analyses.
Programming experience/skills in using MatLab, R or high-level computer language (C++)
Experience with machine learning approaches or Deep Learning
Experience with modelling of imaging data from medical or biological imaging studies.
GlaxoSmithKline is a world leading research-based pharmaceutical company that combines both individual talent and technical resources to create a platform for the delivery of strong growth in a rapidly changing healthcare market. Our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top