GSK ViiV – Medical Affairs Manager
- Master's degree in Medicine (M.D.) or an equivalent by experience when holding a Master's degree in Human Science (Pharmacist, Veterinarian, Biologist, ... ) combined with a PhD.
- Past experience of minimum 3 years in the pharmaceutical industry : in clinical research and/or medical affairs leading to a:
o Confirmed experience in medical advisory: interpretation of clinical trial results, in depth understanding of their implications in clinical practice and ability to communicate in a clear and understandable way to ViiV HC colleagues and to physicians, pharmacists, nurses & representatives of patient organisations;
o Experience in giving presentations and trainings to the above
o Confirmed experience in project management and in design, organisation, roles and responsibilities of a (project) team.
o Experience in analysing, presenting, discussing, and negotiating complex, even project-unrelated topics.
- Fluent in French, Dutch and English (spoken and written)
- PC savvy
- Strong scientific, analytical and creative mind-set
- Demonstrates a compelling vision, high ethical standards and a patient-focused mind set
- Self-starter who works independently, takes initiative and challenges the existing
- Strong leadership, entrepreneurial mind set
- Strong learning agility
- Excellent networker with outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in infectious diseases and/or HIV (either in clinical practice or within the pharmaceutical industry)
Medical manager with accountability for medical affairs activities in Belgium and Luxembourg. In collaboration with ViiV Medical Lead, the Medical Affairs Manager :
- Is accountable for execution and oversight of all medical activities according to the internal rules and procedures (compliance) and according to the high standards of medical governance within ViiV HC.
- Provides medical scientific support for local research activities and for local marketing & sales activities (medical affairs activities) according to legal and deontological requirements as outlined by ViiV HC.
Medical Affairs Activities:
- Develop and execute a medical strategy to increase Belgian HIV expert's knowledge and understanding of the benefits and risks of a ViiV HC therapeutic portfolio and collect their insight, in collaboration with Medical Affairs Liaison (MSL) leading to a better use of ViiV HC products.
- Develop a local medical strategy for ViiV HC and its portfolio and create, validate and execute a local medical affairs plan in line with this strategy.
- Update and train the local ViiV HC team about HIV and about ViiV HC's medicinal products and perform a thorough medical scientific evaluation and review of the materials used.
- Ensure a high level of scientific expertise in HIV and provide strong medical and scientific support to colleagues of:
o ViiV HC marketing and sales team
o Market Access
o Regulatory Affairs and Pharmacovigilance
- Be considered as a scientific peer by Belgian HIV experts and develop an external expert engagement plan to be executed by MSL.
. Process grant requests received from Aids Reference Centers (ARCs)
. Ensure partnership with patient associations
Governance and Compliance:
Ensure completion of medical affairs activities in full respect of ViiV HC medical governance framework, compliance rules and policies / standards
Provide scientific and project management support for local research activities: phase IV trials, Investigator Sponsored Studies, Compassionate Use and Medical Need Programs
At ViiV we provide a supportive working environment and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. ViiV is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. ViiV is an equal opportunity employer.
ViiV Healthcare is a global specialist HIV company dedicated to delivering advances in treatment and care for people living with HIV.
We are an independent pharmaceutical company established in 2009 by combining the power and expertise in the management of HIV from both GSK and Pfizer. Following a long-term collaboration on the joint development of several novel integrase inhibitors we were joined by Shionogi in 2012.
Our current portfolio of eleven HIV treatments has provided us with the financial stability to take a sustainable, long-term view when investing in our pipeline of new medicines. Our scientists are 100% dedicated to finding new ways to limit the impact of HIV on the 36 million people living with the virus and understanding how best to prevent and treat the disease.
Our dedicated staff of almost 900 people are located in 16 countries and three regional hubs and we extend this geographical reach still further via our relationship with GSK. We are equipped to move quickly in response to the needs of the HIV community and have launched industry-leading access initiatives to help deliver on WHO/UNAIDS goals to reach all those who need treatment.
In addition, we actively support community initiatives in HIV, including the Positive Action programme, by partnering with like-minded organisations that share our ethos.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top