GSK Production System Practitioner - Lean Manufacturing
- Bachelors Degree
- 2 years experience at a manufacturing site in a technical, line management or commercial role
- 2 years experience in process improvement.
- Experience of change management & organization re-design
- Masters Degree
- Six Sigma - Black Belt Certification, Green Belt will be considered
- Excellent written and oral communication/ interpersonal skills
- Extensive knowledge of at least one area of the business with general knowledge in multiple areas
- Leadership skills to introduce new processes and ways of working within the organization and facilitate, coach and motivate multi-disciplinary & cross - functional teams
- Networking skills to establish wide range of contacts
- Demonstrated initiative and analytical problem solving skill
- Able to influence at all levels
GSK is currently seeking a GSP Practitioner in Aiken, SC. The responsibility of this role is to implement the GSK Production System (GPS) to drive zero accidents, zero defects, and zero waste. To embed the GPS culture of continuous improvement by developing capability of the Aiken Site employees.
- Support the Site Lead in devising strategy for improvement opportunities, and lead the identification of improvement projects working with other experts and other site members. Make recommendations on overall program of site improvement activities.
- Manage and/or co-ordinate the implementation GPS at a site in support of business targets.
- Apply tools, techniques, knowledge and skills acquired during expert training sessions to generate opportunities that deliver business benefit – both financial and non-financial.
- Transfer of tools, techniques, knowledge and skills acquired during expert training sessions to site employees, including managers.
- Design and implement measures to monitor improvements in operational performance.
- Develop benefit cases for improvement projects and support the business in benefit realization Support the Site Lead to ensure that GPS becomes integrated with ways of working.
- Identify and resolve performance improvement project issues & risks that impact progress.
- Create detailed plans listing prioritized utilization of resources.
- Network with other Site Practitioners and Leads to exchange and implement learning and good practice.
- Adhere to all GSK safety guidelines and procedures
- Demonstrate the T.R.I.P. values and GSK Expectations
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top