Group Director, Medical Affairs Contact Center & Communications
It is essential that the position holder have a proven track record of leadership and influencing skills in an extensively matrixed organization as well as exceptional communication and change management skills and ability to work in a team. It is strongly preferred the person have:
Deep Pharma industry and medical affairs experience
- Must know and understand medical affairs capabilities
- Significant experience in industry regulatory and compliance issues
- Proven experience as an inspirational leader who has demonstrated ability for talent development
- Able to drive change
Proven strategic ability, enterprise perspective and ability to work in ambiguous situations
- Experience operating effectively and delivering results in the enterprise
- Track record demonstrating the ability to develop strategies and integrate commercial and R&D objectives
- Sought after for expertise and ability to provide effective solutions
- Ability to build confidence and trust with very senior executives
- Demonstrated flexible and forward-thinking, with a sense of the future direction of US and global healthcare and the willingness and ability to engage in determining the strategic direction of the organization.
- High degree of creativity and innovation
Proven track record to lead, design and embed complex projects and initiatives
- Experience leading effectively in a highly-matrixed organization with the ability to lead through influence as well as direct control
- Ability to build relationships and create proven business solutions that address different business needs and objectives
- Demonstrated flexible and forward-thinking, with a sense of the future direction of US and global healthcare and the willingness and ability to engage in determining the strategic direction of the organization
- Ability to lead multiple tasks with demanding deadlines for self and a team
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organization skills
- Previous experience in contact center leadership, multichannel strategy, enterprise technology implementation and optimization, R&D or commercial operations and/or other related functions.
- Previous experience operationalizing sustainable enterprise strategies, technology implementations and projects that optimize customer experience and minimize risk.
- Demonstrated proficiency in working across the matrix including building trust and effective relationships
- Strong leadership, decision making and influence skills to advance the business, prioritize based on business and customer needs
- Ability to manage complexity and prioritize in a fast paced, real time customer facing environment
- Demonstrated understanding of appropriate use of customer data and content
- Strong verbal and written communication/ presentation skills
- Budget and financial management experience
- Procurement and vendor management oversight
- Continuous improvement philosophy and demonstrated insight-driven, customer-centric approach
- Experience creating and maintaining visual controls to drive performance and accountability
This senior level position is accountable for ensuring we are able to respond to the medical inquiries and HCP needs for information about our medicines and vaccines; overseeing the appropriateness and quality of all medical responses to inquiries from customers. The role directs all operational aspects and optimization of the GSK Medical Affairs Contact Center; ensuring exceptional customer service and compliant interactions for 40,000 HCP contacts each year, as well as field fulfillment requests. Role responsible for delivery of MACC contact center strategy and multichannel transformation including influencing and implementation of critical technology infrastructure upgrades (interactive voice response system, click to chat, CRM system, etc). Changing customer and business requirements require a broad application of customer insight, operational redesign, multichannel governance and channel application to allow customer-centric evolution of the MACC.
- Lead the MACC including delivering exceptional customer experience:
- Providing clear vision and expectations; developing, motivating and managing talent to drive performance and achieve expectations.
- Overseeing department budget and resources staying within acceptable variance of GSK projections. Additionally, make adjustments to meet possible budget constraint targets.
- Leading and driving strategy to ensure robust key performance indicators and their achievement for quarterly results, in order to advance strategic medical objectives.
- Maintain monitoring process to assure a high level of performance.
- Driving innovative thinking to meet the emerging needs of the medical community to understand and to be able to use our medicines and vaccines
Oversee the creation and implementation of a new working model in MACC, and executing a tiered service model for handling HCP inquiries.
Ensure enterprise alignment and collaboration with key stakeholders, including but not limited to, USMA MI, USMA Field, USMA TAs, USP Commercial, Global Medical Platform & Capabilities, and other critical partners. Optimize internal stakeholder partnerships to ensure alignment, sharing of resources, processes, and systems.
Medical Governance and Risk mitigation: Develop, lead and drive the strategy for mitigating risk, ensure that MACC communication is fair and balanced and complies with scientific engagement principles and emerging regulatory, and legal requirements. Ensure compliance with all applicable corporate and US policies and controls.
- Lead medical call center to ensure appropriate and quality responses. Drive optimization of resources.
6.Manage multi-million-dollar outsourcing contract delivering excellent customer experience, through multi-channel solutions.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top