GMS Quality Associate- Future Leaders Program-US- 2018
BS degree completed by September 2018
- Majoring in any of the following disciplines: Chemistry, Chemistry-related science, Analytical Sciences, Microbiology, Biomedical Sciences, or a related field of study• 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. for the duration of the 3-year Program and will not require future sponsorship for an employment visa status
- Extremely mobile and able to relocate domestically and internationally
Less than 2 years of relevant work experience upon graduation
- Previous experience working in a laboratory or technical department in either industry or University.
- Experience of working in the pharmaceutical or cosmetics industry or participation in an industry-focused University project.
- For Microbiology roles – Course content specifically aligned to the pharmaceutical industry.
For Analytical Chemistry roles - Course content or lab experience of High Performance Liquid Chromatography, Gas Chromatography, spectrophotometric techniques such as IR (Infra Red) / UV (Ultra Violet), Mass spectroscopy
Our Global Manufacturing and Supply organization (GMS) leads the rapid commercialization and distribution of GSK products, allowing team members to take a proactive, hands-on approach to shaping the world around them. Working in conjunction with other parts of the business, we ensure the smooth and rapid transition of newly developed products into full-scale manufacture. By using a variety of processes and the latest efficient technology, our global network is able to deliver to patients and customers four billion packs of medicines and healthcare products every single year.
As an Analytical Chemistry graduate, you can expect to work on:
- Analytical testing on various dose forms of products, such as tablet, sterile, topical and inhaled products across Pharmaceutical, Consumer Health and Biopharmaceutical supply chains.
- Improvements and modernization of analytical equipment and analytical test methods.
- Participating in new product introduction and product transfer process.
- Trouble shooting and investigating of atypical results.
- Working across functions to participate or lead laboratory related projects.
As a Microbiology graduate, you can expect to work on:
- Conduct microbiological analysis and monitoring in support of GSK's sterile and non-sterile manufacturing operations (spanning Pharmaceutical, Consumer Health, Biopharmaceutical and Vaccines operations). This will include the interpretation of microbiological testing and monitoring data that relate to product quality.
- Developing and introducing new microbiological methods or techniques.
- Carrying out investigations, problem solving and providing microbiological consultancy
- Performing microbiological risk assessments of manufacturing processes.
- Validation, verification and qualification of equipment, with a focus on sterilization and sanitization
By joining the three-year rotational GMS Technical Development Program, you will have the opportunity to make a significant difference to lives around the world, whilst enjoying some of the healthiest career prospects in the industry.
The program involves three different rotations in the US, with the potential to have an opportunity internationally, depending on business needs. The rotations will be aligned to both business and personal development needs. At the end of the program, if you have delivered to the standards that we expect, you will be supported to obtain a role within the business.
Training and Development
To support you throughout our challenging Graduate Program, you will progress through a structured development path involving both core training and an individually tailored training plan. You are allocated an individual budget to fund your professional development.
To help you transition into our Graduate Program, you will be supported by a current graduate. The bullet points below give you a very brief view of where the training focus lies.
- Application of core technical skills in an industrial setting
- Exposure to various areas of the business through different rotations
- Technical training driven by your discipline and the rotational objectives
- Development guided by a technical competency framework specific to that of your discipline
- • Business networking events
- Site and role specific training and development (e.g. Health & Safety, Quality Management Systems, Project Management)
Personal Development Support
- Support through mentoring and sponsorship
- Development of Leadership Expectations
- 360-degree feedback - feedback from colleagues, managers and stakeholders to aid your development
- Business networking events
- Career planning
We are currently recruiting for an Associate for a September 2018 start date. There will be an Assessment Center for final candidate selection held in RTP, NC during the month of November 2017. Final candidates will be required to attend the Assessment Center.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top